01-20-2013 02:39 PM
358 ... 12131415
tools
    While the iPhone screen is smaller, it's much better quality - not the AMOLED blue-green of the S3 (and GNex). The smaller screen also makes it much easier to use one handed. I already dropped my Galaxy Nexus several types trying to use it one handed - the slippery plastic doesn't help.
    12-17-2012 01:33 PM
    It all depends on your point of view.

A coworker of mine, a long time iPhone user, got an SIII after seeing my Android device. The main reason for getting the SIII, in his words, was to never ever have to deal with that piece of $@!& iTunes crap software again. He really hated using iTunes. Now he is free of it. But, all is not well. His wife is now jealous and can't wait for her 2 year contract on her iPhone to expire so she can upgrade. She too hates iTunes and wants the freedom to play whatever music or videos she darn well wants to load on it. Neither of them are exactly software guros, so I'm surprised that they don't prefer iTunes, but they don't.
    They obviously never tried Google Play. I've never seen worse POS. It knowingly uploads multiple copies of every song if you synced to 2 PCs. Their answer is to manually deleted each if my 30,000 duplicates. What a POS. At least iTunes let's you get rid of dupes. After ver. 11 iTunes is even usable on a PC.
    12-17-2012 01:38 PM
    They obviously never tried Google Play. I've never seen worse POS. It knowingly uploads multiple copies of every song if you synced to 2 PCs. Their answer is to manually deleted each if my 30,000 duplicates. What a POS. At least iTunes let's you get rid of dupes. After ver. 11 iTunes is even usable on a PC.
    But there are too many alternatives to list for Android. So no, I didn't even know that Google Play could be used.
    With iPhone, you had better like iTunes or you are in trouble.
    12-17-2012 01:57 PM
    Not true. I use Groove instead of iTunes on the iPhone. I like the Groove interface and it had access to all the same music and playlists.

Thinking you have to use iTunes on an iPhone is a common misconception. There are lots of alternatives.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    01-14-2013 06:20 AM
    This thread will never end. This question is a matter of opinion and iPhone fans will never agree the GS3 is better so we're speaking on deaf ears. I mean GS3 is better but y'all don't hear me though

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    01-14-2013 06:31 AM
    This thread will never end. This question is a matter of opinion and iPhone fans will never agree the GS3 is better so we're speaking on deaf ears. I mean GS3 is better but y'all don't hear me though

I was hoping it did. People always go dig up old threads from the grave and all it does is restart the flame war.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    01-14-2013 08:34 AM
    I was hoping it did. People always go dig up old threads from the grave and all it does is restart the flame war.

I see that. Let the war commence

01-14-2013 08:50 AM
    Let me sum it up.

iPhone = Over price for what it does and proprietary. Forcing you to use ITUNES. ( For a user that is inexperience and wants a toy )
    Android = You get what you pay for, non proprietary ( For someone who is experienced OR inexperienced and wants to be able to open up infinite abilities in their smart phone )
    01-14-2013 09:05 AM
    Here is the related article from CNET: Galaxy S3 beats iPhone 5 for best device of 2012
    The Samsung galaxy s3 is the best-selling smartphone in the world in 2012, show that Galaxy s3 is better than iPhone 5.
    I'm neutral on the subject but best selling doesn't mean anything. Lil Wayne sells millions of albums and he's still a piece of talentless poo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    mhinc, raziel and Ricky Babalu like this.
    01-14-2013 09:18 AM
    Lil Wayne sells millions of albums and he's still a piece of talentless poo

Marry me. lol (I think Lil' Wayne is one of the worst excuses of a rapper I've ever seen.)

Also, I agree with Mak. I mean no-one is flaming now but we all know it happens too often when old topics are brought back cause some fanatics (on both sides) can't stand NOT putting their opinion into a discussion that ended a while ago. Let's try to let this topic stay buried. :P
    01-14-2013 09:37 AM
    Marry me. lol (I think Lil' Wayne is one of the worst excuses of a rapper I've ever seen.)

Also, I agree with Mak. I mean no-one is flaming now but we all know it happens too often when old topics are brought back cause some fanatics (on both sides) can't stand NOT putting their opinion into a discussion that ended a while ago. Let's try to let this topic stay buried. :P
    Well put

01-14-2013 03:55 PM
    I was stuck between both the IP5 and S3 for over a month while waiting for my upgrade to kick in. Although I was impressed with all the features on the S3 I decided to go with the IP5 for a few reason.

- IP5 feels like a much more premium device while the S3 just feels cheap.

- Couldn't get use to the big size of the S3. I don't watch movies or play games on my phone therefore the extra large screen was not necessary. I mainly use my phone to text, make calls, send/recieve emails, browse the net and read articles. The IP5 has a reader feature that magnifies the page to make it much easier to read which is a great feature.

- The IP5 holds its value much better than any cell phone on the market. I can literally use it for 2yrs and still get $300+ for it.

- The IP5 interface and OS is very user friendly, organized, and easy to use. I personally don't need a phone with 7 home screens or widgets.

These are just my reasons for going with the IP5. Get whatever fits your needs.
    01-14-2013 09:26 PM

Yea this thread needs to die.

TomsAndroid and Ricky Babalu like this.
    01-14-2013 09:50 PM
    - NFC abilities (Unlock your hotel room door with ur phone)
    how does this work still trying to figure out these phones before i buy one next month or 2.

coming from a iphone user i jailbroke mine just so i can have better themes and options so i am unjailbreaking and switching
    01-15-2013 10:32 PM
    iphone, for the sheep..
    ANDROID, for the Wolves.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    01-16-2013 03:23 PM
    Hi, I do not know if you have made ur decision or still pondering on the decision. But in simple words if u need an answer is that S3 is a technicaly advanced phone. Maybe that may mean a better phone to some people. IPhone on the other hand is not a phone its actually an art. Its a reflection of a genius called Steve Jobs. I bought a tab2 7 inch cause like you i was sucked into the android dream. But thats all about it. It has a hell lot of apps hell lot of storage hell lot of features but thats about it. Then i wanted a S3 . Soon i realized in practical life one 100 $ el chepo chinese clone ics loaded phone dont have much difference then the S3 . The apps u load from people out there crashes ur android too often. Looking at that i bought and iphone. I still hve both but i love to hold the iphone more. The feel cannot be in any other other thing called android.
    01-18-2013 01:30 PM
    Hi, I do not know if you have made ur decision or still pondering on the decision. But in simple words if u need an answer is that S3 is a technicaly advanced phone. Maybe that may mean a better phone to some people. IPhone on the other hand is not a phone its actually an art. Its a reflection of a genius called Steve Jobs. I bought a tab2 7 inch cause like you i was sucked into the android dream. But thats all about it. It has a hell lot of apps hell lot of storage hell lot of features but thats about it. Then i wanted a S3 . Soon i realized in practical life one 100 $ el chepo chinese clone ics loaded phone dont have much difference then the S3 . The apps u load from people out there crashes ur android too often. Looking at that i bought and iphone. I still hve both but i love to hold the iphone more. The feel cannot be in any other other thing called android.
    Please leave troll. Just registered today and instead of intellectual comments you say a product is an "art"?

:rolleyes:

01-18-2013 02:48 PM
    Please leave troll. Just registered today and instead of intellectual comments you say a product is an "art"?

:rolleyes:

Lol Especially since it's the same thing as it was 2 years ago.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    01-19-2013 12:45 PM
    Who really cares at the end of the day? Use what you use

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    01-19-2013 01:23 PM
    Who really cares at the end of the day? Use what you use

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Some people just can't rest until everyone shares their opinion.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    01-19-2013 02:54 PM
    It has a hell lot of apps hell lot of storage hell lot of features but thats about it.
    This was my favorite part! Lmao the device has all of those things and you say "that's about it"?

01-20-2013 04:48 AM
    This was my favorite part! Lmao the device has all of those things and you say "that's about it"?
    Grow up. Where's the thumbs down?
    So someone joins the forum, English is not his native language, and you make fun of him.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    01-20-2013 08:00 AM
    So someone joins the forum, English is not his native language, and you make fun of him.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    Uh oh, it's the thread police! I was actually commenting on the part when he said "it has a hell of a lot of storage, a hell of a lot of apps and a hell of a lot of features but thats about it". I was implying How can a device have so many apps, features, and a lot of storage and a person can say "that's about it", like that isn't much for a phone. I thought that was ironic and a tad bit funny, not the fact that his English wasn't great. You assumed the wrong thing and should probably take it easy next time b4 you're so quick to flash your thread police badge.

TomsAndroid likes this.
    01-20-2013 08:56 AM

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    If you have a problem with someone there's always a report button, and I don't see how he was making fun of anyone. If anyone, I say you was being rude.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    TomsAndroid and makaroni like this.
    01-20-2013 09:07 AM
    Let's get this thread back on topic. Thanks.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    01-20-2013 09:20 AM
358 ... 12131415