01-20-2013 03:39 PM
358 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    You know if you were willing to pony up a few bones I'm sure you could find plenty out there willing to trade you, S3 plus cash for an ip5.

Also WTF? CNET IS full of bias... They put out an early comparison and it showed the iphone 5 about 10 min short on talk time to the Droid razr maxx, I thought that sounded bogus. I mean for shear numbers and yes I know ios is a very efficient os, battery size is huge compared to the iphones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    If I did that and didn't like the phone then I be stuck with a phone I wouldn't like for a while. Thinking of talking my fiance into upgrading her phone to a iphone 5 since she's due for an upgrade. That way I can play with it and if I really like it i'll move over to ios.
    10-16-2012 06:16 PM
    badbrad17 likes this.
    10-16-2012 08:07 PM
    Extra pixels are craploads more useful when you can put widgets on your home page so you can customize it to see what you commonly need.

The iPhone 5 uses the extra screen real estate for....an extra row of icons? :-P
    funkylogik and DallasFlier like this.
    10-16-2012 10:01 PM
    I like iTunes as a way to play music on my PC, that's it. I hated having to use it to do everything with my old iTouch. Never understood why I couldn't just drag and drop files.
    I agree 100%. As a player its great. But for syncing and copying files it blows.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    DallasFlier likes this.
    10-16-2012 11:11 PM
    edited by moderator
    Seriously?

10-16-2012 11:13 PM
    Seriously?

Funny how after all the things said in the numerous S3 vs i5 topics that have popped up recently THAT'S where they draw the line. haha
    badbrad17 likes this.
    10-16-2012 11:17 PM
    I guess that's because there's no such official thing as "true/full HD." But if you guys want to make up your own terminology and then make up your own definition for it, go for it, I think most everyone here knows the truth now. Based on that though, most of you aren't really watching HDTV on your flat panels at home, because as has been pointed out, much/most HDTV broadcasts are in 720p format.

The poster who pointed out that on our displays its a ridiculous argument are ALSO correct. In general, 720p resolution is considered to be as good as the human eye can perceive up to about 20-25 inch HDTV's, so 1080p buys you nothing at those sizes. 1080p does look better to the human eye on 47,532 and 55 inch (and larger) displays, but on your phone (of any kind!) it doesn't matter. The S3 is HD, and will display HDTV streams without CPU-hogging interpolation. The iPhone 5 will not.
    Missed this. We're not making up the term Full HD. It is a byproduct of the name of the 1080p display resolution, which is FHD. True HD is a marketing term though.
    10-16-2012 11:55 PM
    I know. I wasn't trying to be a jerk just trying to call things the way they are. I get that we all have our own opinion and all that but if you line up some peoples comments you gotta wonder if they are on the payroll. I swear I the iPhone 6 could blow up in 1 in 10 peoples faces and there would still be arguing by some people on how it really doesn't. I had a friend who bought one of the first Mac book air laptops and it got really hot on his lap for days and eventually started smoking and died. Apple replaced no questions asked which was good but you would not believe how many apple fans refuse to believe this story. It doesn't make sense. Its just hardware made in China its not supernatural. Crazy.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    TomsAndroid and funkylogik like this.
    10-16-2012 11:59 PM
    Allow bias aside,ios isn't a bad operating system at all, in fact it's great for media players and tablets.

Phones on the other hand not so much.

My wife and I both own iPods and I'll be trading up for the new touch she wants an iPad, and I want a Mac.

She's getting me Apple tv as well, but I could never wrap my head around the phone.

I have my phone with me all the time and I refuse to use a phone that won't let me do what I want to do unless I jailbreak it and Cydia is confusing as f#@k!

I shouldn't have to jailbreak it to do things that should have came standard out the box.

I'm not an Apple hater at all, but I'm never buy an iPhone unless they give it to me free and then I'll sell it to buy the best android on the market.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 12:29 AM
    IMO this shows that the plastic that the GS3 is made of would last longer in a critically damaging situation (Ex. Accidently dropping phone out of car, or something like that) compared to the iPhone 5
    10-17-2012 12:32 AM
    IMO this shows that the plastic that the GS3 is made of would last longer in a critically damaging situation (Ex. Accidently dropping phone out of car, or something like that) compared to the iPhone 5
    That was a funny video. It did look like the Samsung held up in the blender better but the tests I've seen show the iPhone 5 taking the beating better in drop tests than the sgs3 and much better than the 4s.

10-17-2012 12:42 AM
    That was a funny video. It did look like the Samsung held up in the blender better but the tests I've seen show the iPhone 5 taking the beating better in drop tests than the sgs3 and much better than the 4s.

Yeah lol, I guess it depends on how its dropped...This blender guy is a rich spoiled ***** in my book though
    badbrad17 and emathed like this.
    10-17-2012 01:10 AM
    I disagree that iOS is good for tablets but not phones. Most likely it would be the other way round. Tablets can take more advantage of androids flexibility than most phones can. Also, being so limited on iPads sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-17-2012 02:05 AM
    whats the new Moto with Intel chip set mate? just saw a tv ad for it

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    That's a new one for me lol

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-2012 02:26 AM
    I disagree that iOS is good for tablets but not phones. Most likely it would be the other way round. Tablets can take more advantage of androids flexibility than most phones can. Also, being so limited on iPads sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    The problem is that the tablet version of android pretty much sucked until JB. That and good tablet apps for android are nearly non-existent. Googles recent renewed focus should help though.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 03:48 AM
    You're so right! Thank you. I came from a jaikbroken iPhone to an android gs3 and I love android and my galaxy!

from my galaxy S 3 best phone ever!
    10-17-2012 04:11 AM
    Stay with the galaxy my friend.

from my galaxy S 3 best phone ever!
    10-17-2012 04:29 AM
    Good point! I do see more also being optimized all the time thanks to the recent releases of some hot android tablets.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-17-2012 06:41 AM

Well people who toss their phone around like a baseball should go with the iPhone 5 then. :P
    badbrad17 likes this.
    10-17-2012 08:10 AM
    but i think these are 2 different things
    10-17-2012 08:31 AM
    but i think these are 2 different things
    What are 2 different things? (There's a lot of stuff being discussed here haha)
    10-17-2012 08:34 AM
    I suppose to the OP, I still stand with the idea of this: for functionality, its pretty well known you won't be able to do near as much with the iphone 5 as most android devices (GS3). For shear value for your money you get so much more with the GS3 compared with the ip5.

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world with a GS3 because I see so many iphones on campus but I've actually started seeing more GS3's. Just an interesting thought.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    10-17-2012 09:55 AM
    That's a new one for me lol

lol on the UK tv ad the punch line is "the phone with the big screen" or something equaly stupid and it has the lil "intel inside" logo/tune...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-17-2012 11:19 AM
    Lol I have to watch out for that one bro ha ha but I FINALLY played with a iPhone 5 today and it wasn't all that bad besides the STILL lil screen and the locked system and ITUNES yuck

10-23-2012 03:28 AM
    The iPhones aren't as bad as some of us Android fans make-out, they're just very limited and basic compared to some other offerings :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-23-2012 06:17 AM
358 ... 7891011 ...