Please tell me why the S3 is better than an iPhone.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you an EE? I'm an ME student. Totally random just making conversation lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, BSEE degree - too many years ago! Been in the industry for over 30 years, but looked at the $$$ a few years ago and moved from the pure technical side into technical sales. :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You have my support haha Kudos to Apple tho for the better battery life during video playback though. Too bad it isn't so good with HD content.
Yeah, I mean Apple does have its points but when you look at it from an overall (features, speed, user experience, etc.) perspective, I really believe the Galaxy S3 does win, and I don't mean that to be biased in any way.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I mean Apple does have its points but when you look at it from an overall (features, speed, user experience, etc.) perspective, I really believe the Galaxy S3 does win, and I don't mean that to be biased in any way.
Features definitely. Speed is arguable as the difference is slight. User experience depends on which phone they prefer, it's personal preference. My experience on an S3 will be 100x better than if I used an i5 cause I prefer the Android OS and it's customization, etc and I can't stand using iOS personally. Doesn't mean it should be used against the i5 cause some people will feel the exact opposite of me.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Features definitely. Speed is arguable as the difference is slight. User experience depends on which phone they prefer, it's personal preference. My experience on an S3 will be 100x better than if I used an i5 cause I prefer the Android OS and it's customization, etc and I can't stand using iOS personally. Doesn't mean it should be used against the i5 cause some people will feel the exact opposite of me.

Yeah ur right, I have no problem with iOS, but I just hated the limited customization it had and I did not like using iTunes...I am more satisfied with my GS3, but then again it really does come down to user preference

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah ur right, I have no problem with iOS, but I just hated the limited customization it had and I did not like using iTunes...I am more satisfied with my GS3, but then again it really does come down to user preference
I like iTunes as a way to play music on my PC, that's it. I hated having to use it to do everything with my old iTouch. Never understood why I couldn't just drag and drop files.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I like iTunes as a way to play music on my PC, that's it. I hated having to use it to do everything with my old iTouch. Never understood why I couldn't just drag and drop files.
Exaaaaactly! This is the only phone that makes it time consuming
And ehh...I'd rather use Spotify lol

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is a recent comparision between Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean and iPhone 5 with iOS 6
Samsung Galaxy S III with Jelly Bean VS. Apple iPhone 5 with iOS 6 [Full Comparison] | Josephws's?Blog | YouMobile

"It doesn't take a genius"

actually that's weak comparison and didn't go over much compared to other sites. It also doesn't help that it has Samsung ads plastered all over it. My Apple fanboy friend that's trying to get me to move over to ios sent me this new review from anadtech AnandTech - The iPhone 5 Review actually has more benchmarks and data. I didn't need it since I already know the iphone 5 is a beast of a phone and can admit it, but even if I wanted to switch I'm stuck in a contract with the S3 and don't want to fork money over on another phone. I wish the US would had got the quad core phone instead of dual core.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
actually that's weak comparison and didn't go over much compared to other sites. It also doesn't help that it has Samsung ads plastered all over it. My Apple fanboy friend that's trying to get me to move over to ios sent me this new review from anadtech AnandTech - The iPhone 5 Review actually has more benchmarks and data. I didn't need it since I already know the iphone 5 is a beast of a phone and can admit it, but even if I wanted to switch I'm stuck in a contract with the S3 and don't want to fork money over on another phone. I wish the US would had got the quad core phone instead of dual core.

You know if you were willing to pony up a few bones I'm sure you could find plenty out there willing to trade you, S3 plus cash for an ip5.

Also WTF? CNET IS full of bias... They put out an early comparison and it showed the iphone 5 about 10 min short on talk time to the Droid razr maxx, I thought that sounded bogus. I mean for shear numbers and yes I know ios is a very efficient os, battery size is huge compared to the iphones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2