Please tell me why the S3 is better than an iPhone.

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife thinks the s3 is just too big, and wouldn't seriously entertain the thought of getting one. She got iPhone 5. I think I'll just taunt her for the next 2 years with my android supremacy so she makes the right decision next time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife thinks the s3 is just too big, and wouldn't seriously entertain the thought of getting one. She got iPhone 5. I think I'll just taunt her for the next 2 years with my android supremacy so she makes the right decision next time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Good idea. U can't even copy n paste a pic with iPhone. Apple sucks. A friend told me she has to PAY for ringtones n I was n shock.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

caferacer99

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree and am finding the exact same thing, but there are some simple things that android does that would be used by her. Sharing of things is huge. So many options. File compatability is also huge. SwiftKey keyboard and you are all set.

You could set up her S3 to look just like an iPhone and she would have everything she could need. Plus a nice big screen.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

I could, but it's her phone. She's the one that has to live with it. Plus she's pretty invested in the Apple world. I would have pushed harder if this was a decision made from "scratch" so to speak. But she already likes her Iphone, no real reason to switch. That was my point, switching should be because you are excited by the prospect of what you can do with Android, or because you are sick of the limitations of IOS.

The thing too is that neither phone is perfect, nothing is. I have issues getting my GS3 to work with my bluetooth in my motorcycle helmet. The Iphone works without issue. If I talked her into the SG3 then I would feel like I had to defend it anytime she had an issue. I'd rather she make the choice and we both enjoy our phones. I don't want to be "selling" the phone for the next two years.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I could, but it's her phone. She's the one that has to live with it. Plus she's pretty invested in the Apple world. I would have pushed harder if this was a decision made from "scratch" so to speak. But she already likes her Iphone, no real reason to switch. That was my point, switching should be because you are excited by the prospect of what you can do with Android, or because you are sick of the limitations of IOS.

The thing too is that neither phone is perfect, nothing is. I have issues getting my GS3 to work with my bluetooth in my motorcycle helmet. The Iphone works without issue. If I talked her into the SG3 then I would feel like I had to defend it anytime she had an issue. I'd rather she make the choice and we both enjoy our phones. I don't want to be "selling" the phone for the next two years.

Good way to look at it.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Apple - can't make up their minds - should it be bigger, or should it be smaller? :)

120555_600.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That's funny. Mine went from an iPhone 3GS — to the Galaxy Note !! :eek: Loves everything about it; the huge display for web browsing; recipes; email; notes; pics & gallery, plus the stylus pen w/ the ability to write on pictures before sending them, and write your notes or emails, etc.-etc.
Btw . . . she swore that she was gonna stick with Apple and always upgrade to a newer iPhone.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That's funny. Mine went from an iPhone 3GS ? to the Galaxy Note !! :eek: Loves everything about it; the huge display for web browsing; recipes; email; notes; pics & gallery, plus the stylus pen w/ the ability to write on pictures before sending them, and write your notes or emails, etc.-etc.
Btw . . . she swore that she was gonna stick with Apple and always upgrade to a newer iPhone.

I can write on pics too. I bet n a month she won't use that s pen. it's like a stylus, u use it for a while then stop cuz it's a pain n the butt getting it out. I'm glad she likes it. Samsung makes good products. I had a Samsung that was dropped n 3 toilets, left n the rain for 2 weeks, it wasn't activated, but it still came on......

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Now the upgrade to jellybean is well under way can we add Google now to the argument...

It is faster than siri does, just as capable but with the addition of being psychic, and Google voice now allows voice recognition without a connection to the internet

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Now the upgrade to jellybean is well under way can we add Google now to the argument...

It is faster than siri does, just as capable but with the addition of being psychic, and Google voice now allows voice recognition without a connection to the internet

Idk when I will get the upgrade. US cellular sucks........

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Apple - can't make up their minds - should it be bigger, or should it be smaller? :)

That's funny because it's true! Next, we'll see the 5.687972856290743" iPhad. It'll be the bigger iPhone and the smaller iPad all rolled into one! And thanks to Apple's scientists, it's the perfect size for every hand!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
+1 for google Now :)
even the voice recognition..
being scottish i never thought id use it but set to "English Generic" input it understands simple things like conversions, who is ***, calculations etc and actualy saves time so its useful and not just a gimmick :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Oh man you are speaking the truth my friend. My wife's contract is just about up and all her friends have iPhones and go on about how they love it. She likes to poke fun at me now and again because I am such a Android zealot, but I find it really funny because when I speak to her friends about their iPhones, they really don't even know how to use them. I show them things on them all the time and they just look at me blinking and say wow! iPhones are amazing! Then I show them something on my Android and they go "it does that?, How come my iPhone doesn't do that?". and I have to tell them because it's not an Android.

A friend of hers had just got the S3 and was showing it to us at a party we were at the other day and she said she would never buy an iPhone again after using the S3. She loves it. I installed SwiftKey on it for her at the party and she was showing everyone how cool it was. All the iPhone users were asking about installing it on their phones. I had to let them know that it wasn't possible {snicker} It was a pretty cool thing to happen as a lot of her friends use iPhones.

Regardless, if I convince my wife to get a S3 or something else she will blame me every time she can't do something and say she should have got an iPhone. I almost think it could be a good thing for her to try the iPhone. That way every time I tell her that it can't do something I can let her know that my Android can. Maybe I'm a mean husband. LOL.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's funny because it's true! Next, we'll see the 5.687972856290743" iPhad. It'll be the bigger iPhone and the smaller iPad all rolled into one! And thanks to Apple's scientists, it's the perfect size for every hand!

I believe the correct terms is Apple Genius. LOL

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's funny. Mine went from an iPhone 3GS — to the Galaxy Note !! :eek: Loves everything about it; the huge display for web browsing; recipes; email; notes; pics & gallery, plus the stylus pen w/ the ability to write on pictures before sending them, and write your notes or emails, etc.-etc.

Hey everyone. Chirp in on this thread if you have time. What is the best sized device for you? With the iPhone reference, I am trying to see if a smaller high end device is what we want or are we loving the big phones like the Galaxy Note II? http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-hardware/219822-what-screen-size-best-high-end-device.html

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I can write on pics too. I bet n a month she won't use that s pen. it's like a stylus, u use it for a while then stop cuz it's a pain n the butt getting it out. I'm glad she likes it. Samsung makes good products. I had a Samsung that was dropped n 3 toilets, left n the rain for 2 weeks, it wasn't activated, but it still came on......

LOL. That's funny. I think the stylus is something that some people appreciate and others don't. I had one on a old UST StarCom phone http://image.cellphones.ca/images/phones/03/300/utstarcom-6700-full-1.jpg and I loved using it even though you couldn't do half of what you can with the Note 2. I like that it has been resurrected. If we can do things with it that make our lives better then so be it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh man you are speaking the truth my friend. My wife's contract is just about up and all her friends have iPhones and go on about how they love it. She likes to poke fun at me now and again because I am such a Android zealot, but I find it really funny because when I speak to her friends about their iPhones, they really don't even know how to use them. I show them things on them all the time and they just look at me blinking and say wow! iPhones are amazing! Then I show them something on my Android and they go "it does that?, How come my iPhone doesn't do that?". and I have to tell them because it's not an Android.

A friend of hers had just got the S3 and was showing it to us at a party we were at the other day and she said she would never buy an iPhone again after using the S3. She loves it. I installed SwiftKey on it for her at the party and she was showing everyone how cool it was. All the iPhone users were asking about installing it on their phones. I had to let them know that it wasn't possible {snicker} It was a pretty cool thing to happen as a lot of her friends use iPhones.

Regardless, if I convince my wife to get a S3 or something else she will blame me every time she can't do something and say she should have got an iPhone. I almost think it could be a good thing for her to try the iPhone. That way every time I tell her that it can't do something I can let her know that my Android can. Maybe I'm a mean husband. LOL.

i encourage my friends to get a bb, iphone or dumbphone coz i cba setting it up for them lol.
im a mean friend :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah? :eek: So, hell_on_heels (btw, are those 5.5, 6 or 7 inchers? ;) ), you "had a Samsung that was dropped n 3 toilets, left n the rain for 2 weeks," huh? Wow! :cool: Hmmm. That's...well, that's amazing. I have to hand you that.

But . . .

I once had a cell phone (my first, back in 1989), that was so primitive I had to set this hubcap on a track up high so it would roll down and into a vortex where it went around and around before dropping through a hole and falling down and hitting a pan which landed against and triggered a cuckoo clock, and when the cuckoo popped out, it pushed this little weight that fell on a lever that hit the bulb of a horn, which tilted a little platform so a hamster could run out and jump on a treadmill which spun a graduated set of gears that turned a bicycle wheel with little sprockets sticking out of it that arranged an old telephone dial to dial my Grandmother. . . .

. . Hello? Who's there?. . . .

And when she answered, it closed an electrical loop which pulled the trigger of a pop gun that hit a helium tank which inflated a balloon that expanded really big before it burst, scattering ping pong balls everywhere that naturally scared the dog sleeping on the kitchen linoleum causing him to run really fast in place, transmitting a vibration through the linoleum floor to the drainboard where it shook the egg that was balancing on a spoon and the egg would fall down and land right in the hole of a full roll of toilet paper activating a butterfly lever which flipped a switch that sent out two mechanical robot hands that dropped a bowl of Jell-O out a window and onto the back covered porch landing on one side of an old scale so the other side shot up knocking-over a broom handle that would fall sideways turning on the knob of a hot plate that a chicken was standing on causing it to fly off and onto a keyboard with a corn kernel on the letter Q and when the chicken pecked the Q key it sent an electrical current through the airwaves (one of the very first primitive OTA cellular radio signals) to a Jerry-rigged radio-controlled starter on an old antique generator at the foot of one of The Great Northwest's earliest cell tower Transmission Control Headquarters (commonly known as a: CTTCH), triggering a mostly simultaneous transmission of a walloping 1G AMPS signal. . .but it still came on so somehow it gave me a mostly pretty good signal for approx. 20-30 miles each side of the I-5 Corridor! :)

Last edited:

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah? :eek: So, hell_on_heels (btw, are those 5.5, 6 or 7 inchers? ;) ), you "had a Samsung that was dropped n 3 toilets, left n the rain for 2 weeks," huh? Wow! :cool: Hmmm. That's...well, that's amazing. I have to hand you that.

But . . .

I once had a cell phone (my first, back in 1989), that was so primitive I had to set this hubcap on a track up high so it would roll down and into a vortex where it went around and around before dropping through a hole and falling down and hitting a pan which landed against and triggered a cuckoo clock, and when the cuckoo popped out, it pushed this little weight that fell on a lever that hit the bulb of a horn, which tilted a little platform so a hamster could run out and jump on a treadmill which spun a graduated set of gears that turned a bicycle wheel with little sprockets sticking out of it that arranged an old telephone dial to dial my Grandmother. . . .

. . Hello? Who's there?. . . .

And when she answered, it closed an electrical loop which pulled the trigger of a pop gun that hit a helium tank which inflated a balloon that expanded really big before it burst, scattering ping pong balls everywhere that naturally scared the dog sleeping on the kitchen linoleum causing him to run really fast in place, transmitting a vibration through the linoleum floor to the drainboard where it shook the egg that was balancing on a spoon and the egg would fall down and land right in the hole of a full roll of toilet paper activating a butterfly lever which flipped a switch that sent out two mechanical robot hands that dropped a bowl of Jell-O out a window and onto the back covered porch landing on one side of an old scale so the other side shot up knocking-over a broom handle that would fall sideways turning on the knob of a hot plate that a chicken was standing on causing it to fly off and onto a keyboard with a corn kernel on the letter Q and when the chicken pecked the Q key it sent an electrical current through the airwaves (one of the very first primitive OTA cellular radio signals) to a Jerry-rigged radio-controlled starter on an old antique generator at the foot of one of The Great Northwest's earliest cell tower Transmission Control Headquarters (commonly known as a: CTTCH), triggering a mostly simultaneous transmission of a walloping 1G AMPS signal. . .but it still came on so somehow it gave me a mostly pretty good signal for approx. 20-30 miles each side of the I-5 Corridor! :)

It was the Samsung wafer. I still have it. It's n my top drawer. I lost the charger for it. This was really kind of a jerk response as I have no reason to lie. I'm a nice person, There's really no need to be such a twat.