Cant re enable factory messaging app

linden92

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
i disabled the messaging app on my s3 to use handcent. my phone now wont let me re enable it, the enable button is just grey and wont do anything. help please

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
maybe try rebooting then going straight to app manager and enabling it?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
How are you trying to enable the native mssg. app? Can you post a screenshot of the button that is greyed out?

In settings, under All, at the very bottom you should see the app "Messaging" (if you disabled it) click on it and you should get the option to "Enable". Are you not getting that option?

Screenshot_2012-10-15-12-43-25.png

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
when i disable the Messages app, Go Sms stops receiving texts...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

linden92

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-10-15-16-01-50.png

Screenshot_2012-10-15-14-38-14.png

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Is Handcent listed under:
Menu>Settings>Security>Device Administration

Other than the above, I am stumped? One last thought, though the obvious, try taking the battery out, then reboot and see if it is still grey?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
strange one....
...it let me enable it fine..

how about booting into Safe Mode Ricky?

linden92

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
on the phone with sprint and apparently the only thing to do is a reset. they said it was a problem with older android phones but they hadnt had the problem with new ones

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
on the phone with sprint and apparently the only thing to do is a reset. they said it was a problem with older android phones but they hadnt had the problem with new ones

ouch that should be last resort mate. have u tried safe mode?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
If it were me I'd just bite the bullet and factory restore.

Next time, simply turn off Messeneger's notifications.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i learnt the hard way about disabling Messaging.
thought noone loved me for a few days lol. strange thing was i could send txts to myself (i do that sometimes)

any luck OP?

David Ksar

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. In the app manager press the menu button there should be an option to reset app preferences. select that and you should be good to go. I had the same issue and it fixed!

Shay28

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Ok I have a kurio 7 an I've found that a quite of few things are disabled an a couple r forced stop an its a couple main thing like one is my launcher an i m not good with computers although my husband is but for some odd reason he will not help me at all. So.... I did try opening the task manager and go to the reset apps that r disabled an then I rebooted but they r still disabled an a few forced stopped. What do I do from here? If u could help I'd appreciate it very much, thanks

Shay28

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Do u help with kurio 7 tablets? If so I'm having the same trouble with apps being disabled, an a few forced closed. I tried to reset app preferrence an then rebooted an they still aint enabled. So hope u could help cause I'm completely illiterate to these things but I can follow instructions lol thanks.:)