What's one thing you dislike about your Galaxy S3?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I also wish I could turn off auto screen rotate, BUT when I watch YouTube videos or movies etc. it would automatically rotate.

Curious, is that asking for too much?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I also wish I could turn off auto screen rotate, BUT when I watch YouTube videos or movies etc. it would automatically rotate.

Curious, is that asking for too much?

Yeah lol :p
U mean u want to lock it in landscape? That would be a nice option.. maybe theres an app?

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You can maybe change that option in your sms app. I have Go Sms set for the screen to stay off when i get a txt :)

Found out on XDA, that it's a feature built into TouchWiz. Screen pops on for a few seconds, then shuts off, and the LED starts flashing. I can live with that.:)

Shadyx

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
They are a couple of things actually
1-The bezel is too small,I keep accidently touching the screen with the bottom of my thumb.Hopefully this will change when i get a case.
2-Pentile display,small text isn't very sharp but well its still 100% readable and thats what matters even if it doesn't look sharp enough.
3-Widget drawer lag in TW launcher.
Other than that it's the best all round phone for me.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the single physical home button, a little too iphoney, but I've gotten more than used to it.

I don't like that if I select a wallpaper from the gallery it has to be cropped to single home screen size. Since I use a launcher with scrollable wallpaper it creates black bars on each side when swiping to different home screens.

I don't like that verizon put the wifi as an ongoing notification instead of a toggle to remind us they don't want us to use the data we pay for.

I don't like that a lot of the cool features aren't convenient to use and are buried deep in settings menus. Such as the photo sharing things and s beam. S beam/ nfc should have a toggle!

More than one I know. But regardless, I still love this phone!

Oh one more, I don't like S(iri) voice. Bring on Google Now!

Sent from my Sammy GS3

There's an app called image 2 wallpaper that lets you crop for launchers with scrollable home screens. That's what I've been using.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
QUICKPIC gallery app seems to make scrollable wallpapers for me like by itself!
Using Nova launcher though... the answer to most peoples woes :thumbup:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Really weird. I'm not aware of an unmount command (not rooted, so not sure I could pull that off via a terminal session). To get weirder, I don't see an Accessory section in my Settings. I was going to walk through your steps but can't find Audio Output Mode. I am looking in the wrong places? I have a stock Verizon 4.0.4 ICS image. I don't have anything set at all to account for an Aux connection, so perhaps there is a bug (as you alluded to with the disappearing check box) in the Audio Output Mode feature? I have a limited understanding about Aux electronically, but don't think that the S3 can understand the difference between a supported 3.5mm jack from an Aux cable vs. that of a headset or headphones. So with known good Aux cables, to me that points to a flaky software feature. Going out on a limb here, though.
So after updating to the Verizon Jelly Bean update today, I tried USB connectivity again. After connecting my S3 to the stereo's USB jack a popup message appeared telling me that my computer did not support the USB modes and to use Kies Air, etc. to manage the phone. Since the USB mode in Jelly Bean 4.1.1 appears to be set to "Connected as an installer" by default, I set it to MTP mode. A few seconds later the stereo displayed "USB Read" on the LCD console, and then about 15-30 seconds later music began playing. I can skip around using the stereo controls with behavior acting much like that when browsing CD content on a CD changer. That may be due to how my particular stereo behaves, though. I can play the songs in my playlist via the default Music Player independently of what the stereo is playing. This is probably not intended by design, but is easy enough to work around by not invoking the Music Player. I recall trying the same thing with the USB modes when the S3 had ICS, and didn't have success. I'll experiment around further, but so far looks promising and has appeared to solve one of the features I lacked prior.

MrNoDay5Off

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Who is your carrier? Verizon told me there's no toggle because they're doing away with CDMA and will be a full LTE provider. Antony else heard this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So after updating to the Verizon Jelly Bean update today, I tried USB connectivity again. After connecting my S3 to the stereo's USB jack a popup message appeared telling me that my computer did not support the USB modes and to use Kies Air, etc. to manage the phone. Since the USB mode in Jelly Bean 4.1.1 appears to be set to "Connected as an installer" by default, I set it to MTP mode. A few seconds later the stereo displayed "USB Read" on the LCD console, and then about 15-30 seconds later music began playing. I can skip around using the stereo controls with behavior acting much like that when browsing CD content on a CD changer. That may be due to how my particular stereo behaves, though. I can play the songs in my playlist via the default Music Player independently of what the stereo is playing. This is probably not intended by design, but is easy enough to work around by not invoking the Music Player. I recall trying the same thing with the USB modes when the S3 had ICS, and didn't have success. I'll experiment around further, but so far looks promising and has appeared to solve one of the features I lacked prior.
Thanks for that interesting update, Dog5000. ;)
Wish ours would work with our vehicles stereo/steering wheel controls, like yours does now. Perhaps I should re-think my 'Viva La ICS !' intransigence. lol

Sorry for no update on my part, as I think I got tired of messing around with it, and also forgot about this thread.

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate that when I receive a text or MMS my screen sometimes turns on. I don't want a 3rd party app, I shouldn't have to download one just to keep my phone screen off!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Found out on XDA, that it's a feature built into TouchWiz. Screen pops on for a few seconds, then shuts off, and the LED starts flashing. I can live with that.:)

Also an option to set for smart alerts if you miss a call or text and the screen is black, it will vibrate when you pick it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What kind of bugs me is the animation for the status bar power widget thing. Like when it slides and I need to wait to toggle wifi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What kind of bugs me is the animation for the status bar power widget thing. Like when it slides and I need to wait to toggle wifi.

It's kind of like they want to show us every time there are a ton of toggle buttons now. Would be nice if it had a "do not show again" option to click. I wouldn't have realized all were there if it didn't scroll that first time, but now I get it..tons more toggle buttons lol

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's kind of like they want to show us every time there are a ton of toggle buttons now. Would be nice if it had a "do not show again" option to click. I wouldn't have realized all were there if it didn't scroll that first time, but now I get it..tons more toggle buttons lol

Lol agreed

zinedine

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
My biggest gripe is that the stock sms app doesn't handle group messaging well. And I receive pics as if they were videos. That's about it. I love my gs3.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My biggest gripe is that the stock sms app doesn't handle group messaging well. And I receive pics as if they were videos. That's about it. I love my gs3.

Don't know if the pic thing is an android deal or Samsung, my Captivate did that also. I don't like that either.