I've recently installed the polish release of JB and to be honest I really don't get all the hype about it.

Yes it's a little smother and Google now is a novelty for all of 5 mins but that's about it.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-2012 05:33 AM
    Is there really that much hype? If there is I've must have missed most of it. No, its nothing major but neither was iOS 6 and there was plenty of hype about that so I don't know.
    Also, you're not going to notice as much difference as you are if you're using a pure Google (Nexus) device.
    Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-16-2012 05:48 AM
    lol im jst hyped up coz i watched its release and ive been waiting since then after bein told id get it "very soon"
    im lookin forward to google Now "learning" about me
    i wont be talkin to it or anythin

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-16-2012 06:45 AM
    If you want to see what JB is all about check this out:

Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean

Tons of information there.
    funkylogik and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    10-16-2012 07:16 AM
    I agree with the op... nothing at all to get excited about.
    10-16-2012 07:54 AM
    I strongly disagree. Use jellybean for a month or more and then go back to ICS. On ICS I would get random freezing all the time and janky scrolling in the browser. Not saying ICS is bad, but after using both I could never go back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    10-16-2012 08:08 AM
    Congratulations! I'm still waiting the JB upgrade for my GS3! where you are living? did you updated your phone through OTA or via Kies?

Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    10-16-2012 08:12 AM
    every day i check the youmobile s3 JB update list and see that mine is still "updating" (awaiting approval) i get closer and closer to this not bein my first virgin android based device lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-16-2012 08:22 AM
    google now is more than a novelty. It learns of your daily habits like for example it will automatically tell me how much traffic I will be experiencing when I'm driving home from work, or when my friends girl friend was flying back from out of state, it was smart to remind him of his flight time. I have to remind you that all of this stuff comes up automatically without asking for it, and it shows up at your notification bar.

Also it is extremely smart at recognizing voice. Recently my co workers and I was wondering what the difference between beer and malt liquor is, I just asked google now and it spoke the answer out to me. Its also very good at converting different kinds of measurements, like converting 163 lbs into kg or 6 ft 3 inches in to centimeters. It can also do math too so whenever I fill up, I just ask it what is 303 / 12.674, and it would tell me the answer.

It is actually a really awesome bit of software that you need to time to realize how capable it is.
    funkylogik and EndlessDissent like this.
    10-16-2012 09:50 AM
    JB on a non Nexus device won't be a very big deal as far as visual changes. Heck even on a Nexus its not a huge visual change over ICS. Same colors and such...

It more under the hood tweaks to make things smoother and little additions like the expanded notifications and Google Now and other minor additions.

So in other words your not missing out on a whole lot, the SGS 3 already runs blazing fast and JB will expand on that a bit further but never the less your not missing much.
    10-16-2012 09:54 AM
    There's not that much to get worked up about... people just want the "latest thing" and go nuts if they don't have the absolute latest version of Android... even if their phone is working completley fine with the "older version" of Android.
    10-16-2012 09:56 AM
    I have had JB on my Galaxy nexus for awhile.
    it is smoother and faster compared to ICS.
    Google now is actually pretty cool and sometimes funny.
    All my sports teams scores, maps to home/work, with traffic and a bunch of other notifications are always popping up.
    the other day i was googleing different types of alcohol and drink recipes, then i had a card pop up for directions to the closest liqueur store
    Not sure how it will be with touch wizz, but is has been great so far on stock android.
    lpt2569 likes this.
    10-16-2012 09:59 AM
    JB will enable all Android brethren to unite and form a BLAZING SWORD and STRIKE at the heart of the ENEMY!!! THATS the excitement!!.....Happy?!
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-16-2012 10:11 AM
    I am looking forward to the added smoothness, though as fast as the GS3 is on ICS, I don't know that I will even notice too much. I think Google Now is 'killer' feature added with JB and will be a lot of fun to play around with. I am also looking forward to some of the features added in TouchWhiz, like the smart rotation. And, I know this is probably wishful thinking, but since it's taking so long to get the update, maybe we'll get the dual app feature like is seen on the GN2 and the Japanese GS3.
    10-16-2012 10:34 AM
    Idk about you guys but my phone is much faster now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    10-16-2012 11:08 AM
    I got JB on my Asus tablet (tf300). It made a huge difference. Not much visual but it runs so much better.
    -Faster
    -Smoother
    -battery life much better
    -Google voice AMAZING!!

I can't wait to get it on my S3
    lpt2569 likes this.
    10-16-2012 11:34 AM
    JB will enable all Android brethren to unite and form a BLAZING SWORD and STRIKE at the heart of the ENEMY!!! THATS the excitement!!.....Happy?!
    Well how can I argue with that point! Brilliant lol

10-16-2012 11:34 AM
    google now is more than a novelty. It learns of your daily habits like for example it will automatically tell me how much traffic I will be experiencing when I'm driving home from work, or when my friends girl friend was flying back from out of state, it was smart to remind him of his flight time. I have to remind you that all of this stuff comes up automatically without asking for it, and it shows up at your notification bar.

Also it is extremely smart at recognizing voice. Recently my co workers and I was wondering what the difference between beer and malt liquor is, I just asked google now and it spoke the answer out to me. Its also very good at converting different kinds of measurements, like converting 163 lbs into kg or 6 ft 3 inches in to centimeters. It can also do math too so whenever I fill up, I just ask it what is 303 / 12.674, and it would tell me the answer.

It is actually a really awesome bit of software that you need to time to realize how capable it is.
    i seriously doubt Now will recognise my accent but im looking forward to it learning my habits. im not the type to get paranoid about things like that, google can sell my info for all its worth lol but im guessing this is just the beginning for Now

10-16-2012 11:52 AM
    Well how can I argue with that point! Brilliant lol

Had a Voltron moment there....my apologies! lol!

In all seriousness, I'm just looking for JB to make my experience smoother and faster like expected or else I'm going to be somewhat disappointed. My expectations aren't high for JB.

....oh and one more thing......once we all have JB installed, we will be able to take over the smartphone world and dominate it with mindless bickering and banter! Now THATS excitement!!...lol!
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-16-2012 11:55 AM
    Google voice on the other hand is annoying because if you don't use it, it slows down Google search

I'm currently looking for alternatives to Google search because it's soo slow now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    10-16-2012 12:02 PM
    tbh i only use google search for the stuff its banned from doing in US, the local and in-app search etc.
    when im googling something im in habit of just opening my browser

Srjacobs1 likes this.
    10-16-2012 01:32 PM
    Ok I take it all back, after going back to stock ICS today the difference is really noticeable.

funkylogik likes this.
    10-18-2012 01:31 PM