11-29-2012 08:17 AM
111 1234 ...
tools
    That sucks Funky. The OEM's get their money along with the carriers and the consumer gets to wait around...

This is one of the main reasons back 2 plus years ago I rooted my first device. I wasn't going to wait around for the update and I'm so glad I jumped in when I did

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    the reason i flashed in the past was mainly for performance boosts on cheap, very hackable phones (Zte Blade mmm)
    thats why i kinda wanted to keep my s3 "virgin"

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-17-2012 01:18 PM
    Hear ya. The SGSIII I'd awesome stock. The only reason I would have to root I'd two things..

1. Ditch the stock battery meter. I have to have a true 1% increment meter (wish Google would adopt this already)

2. Possibly run a very stock custom built with the above mentioned and a LTE toggle added to the current toggles.

Otherwise I play with my wife's SGSIII all the time and it rocks on stock!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 01:24 PM
    ......it rocks on stock!
    Absolutely!!

The day I get bored of stock or no more OTA's is the day that I root. I like to keep things interesting that way!
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 01:32 PM
    i turned off the stock battery % meter on the 1st day and use Battery Notifier pro.
    im not the type to be neurotic about watchin my charge go down and BN has it in huge coloured font

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Paul627g likes this.
    10-17-2012 01:41 PM
    the way i see it its Samsungs fault made much worse by the carriers.
    all unbranded s3s should be on JB by now but they arent.
    its easy for senior android users to say "just remove the safety locks from your phone and flash the firmware" or "JB is no big deal" but that doesnt really cut it imo..

I understand what you're implying, but it's pointless to complain about something you could easily alter yourself. If people weren't so dismissive about these things than long time users wouldn't be so quick to pull the 'flash a ROM' card.

If having JB is your main concern than you have options. It's like someone saying they want to lose weight, you suggest they exercise, than they simply say, "that's too hard." Than we get comments like this which make it virtually impossible to explain how or why the update isn't here;

It doesn't cut it. I don't want to lose features or have them break. We've been promised this since summer and you shouldn't have to root to get updates. No more Samsung phones for me.
    It's not like Samsung flips a light switch in a hall closet and turns on Jellybean. There's legal reasons they can't just push it to carrier branded devices, and the reason that the Google Galaxy Nexus gets updates seemingly instantly is because it's the GOOGLE Galaxy Nexus, not the Verizon Galaxy Nexus or AT&T Galaxy Nexus.

Is ICS considered a gimped OS now or something? Stock ICS is stable, fast, and reliable.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    funkylogik and clintw22 like this.
    10-17-2012 02:20 PM
    i have a right to complain lol!
    i do know how to get JB now but it was "promised" to me officialy and without need to back up and then restore my phone to its former glory

p.s, i do LOVE ICS i even love this version of Touchwiz... maybe i just like to moan lol. maybe it just adds to the "excitement" to wait and moan lol. i duno

10-17-2012 02:43 PM
    Yeah. It's pretty disappointing. They all need a better way of communicating with each other. Carriers need to realize that the OEM has done their part. Now they need to hurry up and do theirs.

But as for rooting it was pretty easy. Especially with people like skunk ready to help you.

The rom I'm running has the 1% mod but I'm confused. What exactly is it? Lol
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 03:06 PM
    aye skunk is a legend mate
    and he's gona be a buzy boy in the coming months lol.... i dont envy him

10-17-2012 03:43 PM
    No one said it will release in 2013. They said in the coming months. There is still two and a half months left in 2012. Don't worry about it like a child waiting for Santa. Youre not going to see him/it because you wait 24/7

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    10-17-2012 04:33 PM
    No one said it will release in 2013. They said in the coming months. There is still two and a half months left in 2012. Don't worry about it like a child waiting for Santa. Youre not going to see him/it because you wait 24/7

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    lmao im on an unbranded gt-i9300, i wont be waiting for santa!
    im just repeating the news that has been stated on several sites that US carriers wont be releasing it till early 2013!

oops.. i apologise bro.. i thought i was replying to a different thread lol (theres too many JB threads) sorry man :beer:

10-17-2012 04:37 PM
    Im actually happy with the phone the way it is, I don't see a need for jellybean short of a few features, the phone has been excellent for me and after multiple rom flashes and roots, I just revert back to stock but thats just me, one thing is for sure though I dont like being lied to ovet and over again with a release date....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Srambo217 likes this.
    10-17-2012 04:45 PM
    I will blame both Samsung and the carriers. Samsung should gave them their JB a while ago. That's it for me after this phone I'm going WP8 or iOS. I see no point going Nexus cuz I'll be stuck in the same situation by being on Verizon.
    10-17-2012 04:51 PM
    I will blame both Samsung and the carriers. Samsung should gave them their JB a while ago. That's it for me after this phone I'm going WP8 or iOS. I see no point going Nexus cuz I'll be stuck in the same situation by being on Verizon.
    thats a fairly extreme move mate lol. ICS is great!

p.s, why not dump the huge major carrier and buy Nexus straight from google and pick and choose pre-pay carrier as and when you want like most of the rest of the world

Srambo217 likes this.
    10-17-2012 04:57 PM

p.s, why not dump the huge major carrier and buy Nexus straight from google and pick and choose pre-pay carrier as and when you want like most of the rest of the world

It's time for Samsung to step up, if the note has jelly bean, so should the GS3

But atleast I don't have to wait for it, im already on 4.1.2

Ics was nice, but this is October, time for everyone to get with the times, the revolution is here No jelly bean until 2013 for US carriers-uploadfromtaptalk1350511429309.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    10-17-2012 05:05 PM
    thats so true mate, but i think the unbranded s3 will have JB soon. if i had a carrier branded s3 id prob have mod'd it within the 1st week

10-17-2012 05:08 PM
    thats so true mate, but i think the unbranded s3 will have JB soon. if i had a carrier branded s3 id prob have mod'd it within the 1st week

Had I known rooting and flashing was this easy, I'd have done it months ago

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik and Srambo217 like this.
    10-17-2012 05:12 PM

Because I don't want to leave Verizon when my signal is strong where I live compared to Sprint and AT&T. Besides leaving a carrier for a phone is straight up stupid.
    10-17-2012 05:38 PM
    Is everyone in this thread new to Android or something?

It's not Google, or Samsung, or the Ghost of Christmas Past's fault. It's Verizon's overall decision when and if we get the update.

Most of you stressing out of this probably haven't even tried JB (I'm assuming). It's not necessarily ground-breaking, and if you want it that bad flash CM10 or something. No need to run in here teary-eyed, comparing our devices to Apple's (again). The iPhone has absolutely nothing to do with the Verizon Galaxy SIII receiving the JB update.

The carrier does play a BIG part of updates

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-2012 05:40 PM
    And plus I don't c all the complaining any THIS AINT APPLE if u want a update before the time root and flash any type of jb u want. Google always releases the source early

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-2012 05:42 PM
    Is this mean that Canada will also get it in 2013?
    10-17-2012 05:55 PM
    I can not believe my (insert phone) has not received the promised (insert OS) update yet. It is totally (insert OEM) fault, compounded by the F^$#ing (insert carrier) need to put on all of their (insert preferred name for pre-installed software). I am never buying a phone from (insert OEM), I hate (insert Carrier).

Not that this conversation is getting old or anything. If you want a phone with a particular OS, buy a phone with that OS. If you want the latest and greatest you can be patient OR you have options. Apparently whining is one of them.
    Srambo217 likes this.
    10-17-2012 05:57 PM
    Is there a stable release candidate for any JB based ROM for the Verizon GS3 yet? If not, roughly when can we expect one?
    10-17-2012 06:00 PM
    Is there a stable release candidate for any JB based ROM for the Verizon GS3 yet? If not, roughly when can we expect one?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=205642

These boards have a search function as well.

10-17-2012 06:19 PM
    I'm not going to sit and here and complain about it. I installed jb 2hrs ago just because of the news. I played that update game with Motorola back in 09 and I swear I'll never do it again. If you don't have jb now I suggest you take any means necessary if you want it. Or you can sit in the dark and let the carriers decide what you get and when.

"may the odds be in your favor"
    10-17-2012 06:21 PM
    fs. im gettin sick of this.
    this is a thread about US carriers disgraceful delay to updating their s3 the normal official way.

everyone with their root this/flash that are gettin on my nerves.. maybe you should be posting on a more advanced forum or maybe start a thread helping people new to android to flash a rom.
    dont come on a thread about people wanting official JB sent to their device by their carrier and make them feel like idiots.
    theres plenty far more advanced forums than this unless it gives your ego a buzz... the old "big fish small pond" thing?..
    ..maybe you should be in a bigger pond with your equals?

10-17-2012 06:55 PM
111 1234 ...