11-29-2012 08:17 AM
111 12345
tools
    fs. im gettin sick of this.
    this is a thread about US carriers disgraceful delay to updating their s3 the normal official way.

everyone with their root this/flash that are gettin on my nerves.. maybe you should be posting on a more advanced forum or maybe start a thread helping people new to android to flash a rom.
    dont come on a thread about people wanting official JB sent to their device by their carrier and make them feel like idiots.
    theres plenty far more advanced forums than this unless it gives your ego a buzz... the old "big fish small pond" thing?..
    ..maybe you should be in a bigger pond with your equals?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    I agree with this because not everyone wants to do this with the fear of breaking their device and voiding the warranty. Also you lose features and break certain features.
    10-17-2012 07:00 PM
    If you haven't used Jellybean before and have not been spoiled yet, it's no big deal. For everyone else, it'll only be a matter a time before there are workarounds.
    10-17-2012 07:16 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=205642

These boards have a search function as well.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanks, but it doesn't say if they're release candidate, or it's hard to find.
    10-17-2012 07:31 PM
    Thanks, but it doesn't say if they're release candidate, or it's hard to find.
    It's at the discretion of the dev. For example; LiquidSmooth Jellybean is considered an RC, while ROMs like Cyanogenmod10 will never come out of BETA regardless of how stable it becomes. Just look around XDA if you want more straightforward information regarding builds, otherwise that list I linked above only really requires you to click on (or Google) the name if you want more information.

funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 07:40 PM
    GS3 Stock is PERFECT for me...the only reason I rooted my GS2 was to remove this one bloatware that was taking my data and to speed up my phone by tweaking it...the GS3 doesn't really need to be rooted because its already fast but its a single users decision to be rooted to try custom roms, but the stock is just lovely.

Even though I am upset that Jelly Bean is not gonna be released anytime soon, I don't think it should be a reason for anyone to not get the GS3, or sell their phone (which some people surprisingly do), or do something extreme. ICS on the GS3 is still better than most phones now lol and its still functional and works pretty amazing, so thats why I am not tripping too much. I think some people are just too extreme, but still I WANT JELLY BEAN!!
    GrooveRite and funkylogik like this.
    10-17-2012 07:59 PM
    It's at the discretion of the dev. For example; LiquidSmooth Jellybean is considered an RC, while ROMs like Cyanogenmod10 will never come out of BETA regardless of how stable it becomes. Just look around XDA if you want more straightforward information regarding builds, otherwise that list I linked above only really requires you to click on (or Google) the name if you want more information.

Any reason why CM10 will never come out of Beta? Is it because the developers want to constantly improve it?
    10-17-2012 08:49 PM
    Any reason why CM10 will never come out of Beta? Is it because the developers want to constantly improve it?
    yeah mate. they strive for perfection. takes ages for them to decide that a build is final.
    i respect the Cyanogen team a lot

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    droid2drummer likes this.
    10-17-2012 08:55 PM
    fs. im gettin sick of this.
    this is a thread about US carriers disgraceful delay to updating their s3 the normal official way.

everyone with their root this/flash that are gettin on my nerves.. maybe you should be posting on a more advanced forum or maybe start a thread helping people new to android to flash a rom.
    dont come on a thread about people wanting official JB sent to their device by their carrier and make them feel like idiots.
    theres plenty far more advanced forums than this unless it gives your ego a buzz... the old "big fish small pond" thing?..
    ..maybe you should be in a bigger pond with your equals?

Hey logik I understand that but I'm not technical when it comes to android. Matter of fact I don't know if I'm even rooted. I didn't use Odin though. I just downloaded a official leak file, booted into recovery and updated that way. Nothing technical about that. I was just waiting so patiently for it but the news just ticked me off

"may the odds be in your favor"
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 09:11 PM
    ticks me off too iCrank mate and im not even in the US lol :beer:

...so you didnt use a custom recovery (clockwork mod)? just used the stock recovery to install a leak.. thats pretty cool man
    take it you lost all data though?

10-17-2012 09:44 PM
    ticks me off too iCrank mate and im not even in the US lol :beer:

...so you didnt use a custom recovery (clockwork mod)? just used the stock recovery to install a leak.. thats pretty cool man
    take it you lost all data though?

No clockwork mod, just downloaded update straight to sd and booted into stock recovery. I thought I would lose everything but I didn't. started playing with Google now right after boot up

funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 09:58 PM
    No clockwork mod, just downloaded update straight to sd and booted into stock recovery. I thought I would lose everything but I didn't. started playing with Google now right after boot up

What carrier are you on? Are you using a leak specifically from that carrier?
    geekymcfly likes this.
    10-17-2012 10:06 PM

never knew that was possible lol.
    so you used odin? (this is my 1st samsung so ive never used it)

if sammy dont get their arse in gear with the UK s3 i might just put one of the other european builds on it

EDIT. just reread you didnt use odin. so you just installed the firmware without rooting or even a computer

10-17-2012 10:08 PM
    What carrier are you on? Are you using a leak specifically from that carrier?
    I installed the tmobile leak I'm sure it was for the carrier. Funky logik, I didn't use a computer or root. Just downloaded the file and went from there

10-17-2012 10:26 PM
    I installed the tmobile leak I'm sure it was for the carrier. Funky logik, I didn't use a computer or root. Just downloaded the file and went from there

Without CWM or TWRP? If you screw up how are you.going to get your phone back? What if you brick it? I'm not sure because I'm no root expert but I think what you did is a no no lol. I'd wait for skunk or jaj to really know though
    10-17-2012 10:36 PM
    What have we learned in the last 3+ years? OEM updates are slow. Carrier updates are even slower. We all know this, so you bought a phone and expected a quick update? And now are mad about it?
    What else do we know? Some OTA's really suck.
    Buying something one day and EXPECTING it to be something better in the future is folly.
    10-17-2012 10:40 PM
    Personally, i just got this phone two weeks ago, and i'm enjoying the hell out of it. When JB comes out in 2013, it will be brand new again. I'm willing to wait, besides, since i only use a MacBook Pro, i don't have a choice.LOL
    10-17-2012 10:44 PM
    What have we learned in the last 3+ years? OEM updates are slow. Carrier updates are even slower. We all know this, so you bought a phone and expected a quick update? And now are mad about it?
    What else do we know? Some OTA's really suck.
    Buying something one day and EXPECTING it to be something better in the future is folly.
    Its more of broken promises....Samsung said it would be September, then October, then Novmeber...now "Coming Months"...people's expectations are being played with
    I don't blame Samsung...I blame the carriers for wanting to all their stupid bloatware and crap on it
    geekymcfly and funkylogik like this.
    10-17-2012 10:47 PM
    Do you think that Samsung is waiting for the BB10's to hit the streets, then bring out the JB update?
    10-17-2012 10:49 PM
    Without CWM or TWRP? If you screw up how are you.going to get your phone back? What if you brick it? I'm not sure because I'm no root expert but I think what you did is a no no lol. I'd wait for skunk or jaj to really know though
    Lol.. I wasn't afraid of a brick...i have a bricked inspire 4g. That I can't wait to work on. Plus if I brick it, I'm sure I can walk into my local tmo store for the fourth time and say the phone was crappy just like the other 2 they gave me. It's already on my account that I'm getting bum phones.

funkylogik likes this.
    10-17-2012 10:56 PM
    Lol.. I wasn't afraid of a brick...i have a bricked inspire 4g. That I can't wait to work on. Plus if I brick it, I'm sure I can walk into my local tmo store for the fourth time and say the phone was crappy just like the other 2 they gave me. It's already on my account that I'm getting bum phones.

Lol. I guess man. I'm too scary to do such a thing haha. I'd probably cry if I bricked my baby
    geekymcfly and funkylogik like this.
    10-17-2012 11:01 PM
    is this for real ? No JB until next year for Tmobile ? OMG I'm getting my phone rooted and put a liquidSmooth in it. DAMN... too tired of waiting for this JB
    10-18-2012 01:41 AM
    I'm very new to Android (also smartphones in general) so I have a noob question needs answering: Why does Samsung (or at least US Samsung) keeps pushing off these updates when it's available elsewhere since couple of months ago? What is the common/real issue behind the extending the updates? Thanks in advance.
    10-18-2012 06:14 AM
    Its not samsung, its the carriers. They test it forever due to their bloatware. Or so they say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    geekymcfly likes this.
    10-18-2012 07:50 AM
    US Samsung Galaxy S III Not Likely To Get Jelly Bean Update Until Possibly 2013 | TalkAndroid.com

A few sites have been reporting this this morning, sad news, at first they said august, then they said September, then they said October, now it's 2013

I'm personally glad I made the switch to cm10 recently so I don't have to wait months for jelly bean while other devices that are coming out soon will have them on release

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    I suspect the new Nexus phone coming out in a few weeks is going to throw a cherry bomb under the carriers' old Pinto.
    10-18-2012 07:50 AM
    lol i didnt even think of that sorry. he has no backup image or custom recovery to get him out of trouble.
    fixable now though. just very lucky the leak worked lol?

10-18-2012 08:02 AM
111 12345