11-29-2012 08:17 AM
111 ... 345
tools
    Personally, i just got this phone two weeks ago, and i'm enjoying the hell out of it. When JB comes out in 2013, it will be brand new again. I'm willing to wait, besides, since i only use a MacBook Pro, i don't have a choice.LOL
    One thing I may try is to use my Windows 7 Virtual Machine (VM) running on my MacBook Pro as the host OS to run the tools and environment required to root and go to JB. I'm assuming that the USB subsystem will be emulated/passed through properly so that required tools won't know the difference. But as smooth4lyfe and others have noted, the S3 with stock ICS is not bad at all. I'm having no issues overall, and the experience has been great. So, I'm going to wait it out for Verizon to get around to releasing through the "official" process. The main reason I'm o.k. with waiting is knowing that I can root and go to JB anytime I want.
    10-18-2012 07:07 PM
    theres money to be made coz no one is challenging them.. do you realise the raw profit these carriers make from each of you?
    i dont like sounding like im bigging-up the UK or anything but theres so much competition especialy from pre-pay sims that offer a monthly bundle for everything so if you buy the phone outright or even on credit like i did, you still save money coz you can change carrier each month and follow the best deals if u want. i really hope the US catches on to this more coz the carriers really are taking the ****..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    very true. we in the UK seem to have alot more power over the situation. with high street shops such as carphone warehouse and phones4u selling all carriers contracts but supplying unlocked unbranded phones and as funky has said the availability of prepay or 30day/90day/one year sim only contracts, unless your really not thinking your never at the mercy of the carriers. i only ever use carphone warehouse and although i am on a contract for my hox i have 2000min,unlimited text unlimited data and unlimited tethering for 36 a month with tmobile(EE) which is
    the only 3g network in my area. my vodafone sim only is ticking over waiting for the 5" htc beauty that is coming when i'll pac code it over to EE. carriers have the power you need to find some way to take it back.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-19-2012 03:32 AM
    The problem we have here in the USA is that we don't have standards for cell phones that apply to all carriers. This means that we MUST get a carrier specific device to get the full speeds or functionality on the carriers we choose. A phone designed for AT&T for example will only run at 2G speeds on T-mobile, and it won't work at all on Verizon or Sprint. An International version may not work on the LTE bands we have as well, so that REALLY makes the situation difficult for many to deal with.

And so, we get carrier locked devices that are full of bloatware.
    very true. we in the UK seem to have alot more power over the situation. with high street shops such as carphone warehouse and phones4u selling all carriers contracts but supplying unlocked unbranded phones and as funky has said the availability of prepay or 30day/90day/one year sim only contracts, unless your really not thinking your never at the mercy of the carriers. i only ever use carphone warehouse and although i am on a contract for my hox i have 2000min,unlimited text unlimited data and unlimited tethering for 36 a month with tmobile(EE) which is
    the only 3g network in my area. my vodafone sim only is ticking over waiting for the 5" htc beauty that is coming when i'll pac code it over to EE. carriers have the power you need to find some way to take it back.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-19-2012 06:21 AM
    http://www.talkandroid.com/136656-us...and+Updates%29

A few sites have been reporting this this morning, sad news, at first they said august, then they said September, then they said October, now it's 2013

I'm personally glad I made the switch to cm10 recently so I don't have to wait months for jelly bean while other devices that are coming out soon will have them on release

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Talk about wrong info lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    11-28-2012 05:03 PM
    I flashed JB on my international s3 and while google now is nice, I really don't find myself using it. But i guess some people might. And to the people that say no more Samsung for them because of updates, well who you gonna buy from then?? Dont say HTC, Sony or Moto. Sammy has been the fastest to market with JB. Your only real option is the nexus route. And then you miss out on kool features like Smartstay, Directcall, Palm sweep and Turnover. Iphone was not and option for me. The thread titled "Home screens lets see what ya got" is reason enough for me to not want one of those.
    tmags2 likes this.
    11-28-2012 08:32 PM
    If the freaking Galaxy Camera, Galaxy Mini, and Note II can launch with Jelly Bean, then there's no reason why the SIII can't get updated now. We shouldn't have to root our phones, and flash roms to get promised updates, that's not how it should work. I don't blame Samsung, but AT&T really sucks right now! Either way I preordered a Nexus 4, and it can't get here soon enough!
    11-28-2012 09:25 PM
    Yeah Sprint and T-Mobile been had jb

11-28-2012 09:41 PM
    Yeah sprint and T-Mobile been had jb

11-28-2012 09:41 PM
    Talk about wrong info lol

Yeah Sprint and T-Mobile been had jb

Yep... But his wrong info is back from October so.. Your resurrecting an old post lol :P

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    11-29-2012 07:03 AM
    Yep... But his wrong info is back from October so.. Your resurrecting an old post lol :P

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Haha, someone else pushed this thread to the top, and I didn't realize it was an older post when I first posted. Either way it's still relevant as VZ, and AT&T have yet to issue JB.
    11-29-2012 07:38 AM
    Haha, someone else pushed this thread to the top, and I didn't realize it was an older post when I first posted. Either way it's still relevant as VZ, and AT&T have yet to issue JB.
    That is true! Every morning I am hoping I wake up to an update! Or hell just something from att or Verizon stating WHEN we can expect it would have been nice too.
    zapfrog likes this.
    11-29-2012 08:17 AM
111 ... 345