No jelly bean until 2013 for US carriers

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
thats so true mate, but i think the unbranded s3 will have JB soon. if i had a carrier branded s3 id prob have mod'd it within the 1st week

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Had I known rooting and flashing was this easy, I'd have done it months ago

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
thats a fairly extreme move mate lol. ICS is great!

p.s, why not dump the huge major carrier and buy Nexus straight from google and pick and choose pre-pay carrier as and when you want like most of the rest of the world ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Because I don't want to leave Verizon when my signal is strong where I live compared to Sprint and AT&T. Besides leaving a carrier for a phone is straight up stupid.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Is everyone in this thread new to Android or something?

It's not Google, or Samsung, or the Ghost of Christmas Past's fault. It's Verizon's overall decision when and if we get the update.

Most of you stressing out of this probably haven't even tried JB (I'm assuming). It's not necessarily ground-breaking, and if you want it that bad flash CM10 or something. No need to run in here teary-eyed, comparing our devices to Apple's (again). The iPhone has absolutely nothing to do with the Verizon Galaxy SIII receiving the JB update.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

The carrier does play a BIG part of updates

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And plus I don't c all the complaining any THIS AINT APPLE if u want a update before the time root and flash any type of jb u want. Google always releases the source early

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I can not believe my (insert phone) has not received the promised (insert OS) update yet. It is totally (insert OEM) fault, compounded by the F^$#ing (insert carrier) need to put on all of their (insert preferred name for pre-installed software). I am never buying a phone from (insert OEM), I hate (insert Carrier).

Not that this conversation is getting old or anything. If you want a phone with a particular OS, buy a phone with that OS. If you want the latest and greatest you can be patient OR you have options. Apparently whining is one of them.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to sit and here and complain about it. I installed jb 2hrs ago just because of the news. I played that update game with Motorola back in 09 and I swear I'll never do it again. If you don't have jb now I suggest you take any means necessary if you want it. Or you can sit in the dark and let the carriers decide what you get and when.

"may the odds be in your favor"

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
fs. im gettin sick of this.
this is a thread about US carriers disgraceful delay to updating their s3 the normal official way.

everyone with their root this/flash that are gettin on my nerves.. maybe you should be posting on a more advanced forum or maybe start a thread helping people new to android to flash a rom.
dont come on a thread about people wanting official JB sent to their device by their carrier and make them feel like idiots.
theres plenty far more advanced forums than this unless it gives your ego a buzz... the old "big fish small pond" thing?..
..maybe you should be in a bigger pond with your equals?

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
this is a thread about US carriers disgraceful delay to updating their s3 the normal official way.

everyone with their root this/flash that are gettin on my nerves.. maybe you should be posting on a more advanced forum or maybe start a thread helping people new to android to flash a rom.
dont come on a thread about people wanting official JB sent to their device by their carrier and make them feel like idiots.
theres plenty far more advanced forums than this unless it gives your ego a buzz... the old "big fish small pond" thing?..

I agree with this because not everyone wants to do this with the fear of breaking their device and voiding the warranty. Also you lose features and break certain features.

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't used Jellybean before and have not been spoiled yet, it's no big deal. For everyone else, it'll only be a matter a time before there are workarounds.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but it doesn't say if they're release candidate, or it's hard to find.

It's at the discretion of the dev. For example; LiquidSmooth Jellybean is considered an RC, while ROMs like Cyanogenmod10 will never come out of BETA regardless of how stable it becomes. Just look around XDA if you want more straightforward information regarding builds, otherwise that list I linked above only really requires you to click on (or Google) the name if you want more information.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
GS3 Stock is PERFECT for me...the only reason I rooted my GS2 was to remove this one bloatware that was taking my data and to speed up my phone by tweaking it...the GS3 doesn't really need to be rooted because its already fast but its a single users decision to be rooted to try custom roms, but the stock is just lovely.

Even though I am upset that Jelly Bean is not gonna be released anytime soon, I don't think it should be a reason for anyone to not get the GS3, or sell their phone (which some people surprisingly do), or do something extreme. ICS on the GS3 is still better than most phones now lol and its still functional and works pretty amazing, so thats why I am not tripping too much. I think some people are just too extreme, but still I WANT JELLY BEAN!!

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's at the discretion of the dev. For example; LiquidSmooth Jellybean is considered an RC, while ROMs like Cyanogenmod10 will never come out of BETA regardless of how stable it becomes. Just look around XDA if you want more straightforward information regarding builds, otherwise that list I linked above only really requires you to click on (or Google) the name if you want more information.

Any reason why CM10 will never come out of Beta? Is it because the developers want to constantly improve it?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Any reason why CM10 will never come out of Beta? Is it because the developers want to constantly improve it?

yeah mate. they strive for perfection. takes ages for them to decide that a build is final.
i respect the Cyanogen team a lot :)

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Hey logik I understand that but I'm not technical when it comes to android. Matter of fact I don't know if I'm even rooted. I didn't use Odin though. I just downloaded a official leak file, booted into recovery and updated that way. Nothing technical about that. I was just waiting so patiently for it but the news just ticked me off

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ticks me off too iCrank mate and im not even in the US lol :beer:

...so you didnt use a custom recovery (clockwork mod)? just used the stock recovery to install a leak.. thats pretty cool man :)
take it you lost all data though?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
ticks me off too iCrank mate and im not even in the US lol :beer:

...so you didnt use a custom recovery (clockwork mod)? just used the stock recovery to install a leak.. thats pretty cool man :)
take it you lost all data though?

No clockwork mod, just downloaded update straight to sd and booted into stock recovery. I thought I would lose everything but I didn't. :) started playing with Google now right after boot up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge