A couple of questions, making the switch....

begolf25

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
...from my iPhone 4 to the GS3. I have been thinking about making the switch for awhile, and after lots of research I am picking up my new GS3 tomorrow. Mostly because of the great info I have read on this forum.

I was wondering if you had any additional advice on making my transition easier. Settings? Apps? Accessories? Additional resources I should check out?

I have already disabled my imessenger and will delete my icloud account and phone from my apple account to try and avoid the imessaging issue I read a lot of people have had when making the switch.

Thanks for all of the great info and I look forward to being part of the Android family!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
best advice i can give is forget apple and dont try to make it work like an iphone.. imagine its your 1st mobile phone lol :)
ur in the right place mate :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I made the switch also not to long ago. Apps are pretty much the same..all the big name apps you had on the iPhone you will get on Android.
For accessoires i got a car charger, extra charger for home, and a MircoSD card .. im thinking about getting an extra battery with that little dock station (looks cool).
Like funK said it's not an iPhone.. do't try to make it work like the iPhone. Take your time and customize it to your liking :)
Enjoy your new phone

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! Fellow switcher here too, and I haven't looked back. I had to migrate email, contacts, and calendars over from iCloud to Google, but it's simple enough. Plenty of replacement apps for things like Reminders and Notes. Personally I use Catch Notes for both. You can sync iTunes playlists over WiFi with DoubleTwist. It isn't as hard to make the switch as you may imagine.

Feel free to ask plenty of questions. These guys are great. Complete lack of snobbery like some Apple forums I've tried to be part of.

begolf25

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone! Picked up my new phone Wednesday night. I have not had a chance to sit down and really dig in but so far I am loving it. I am sure I will have plenty of questions in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol