(New guy here!) Home button click woes?

TheMixer55

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! First of all, I am finally free after 3 years with an iPhone, so I can't be happier to be a new member of your community!

I am slightly concerned about the home button on my new S3. I just got it 2 days ago, and I am aware that I am probably being overly paranoid. But, I have a 14 day exchange policy, so I just want to make sure things aren't going south.

When I got the phone, I swear the home button was different. It was similar to my iPhone home button where it made a soft, dull, uniform click.

Last night, after 2 days of pretty extensive usage, I swear the home button changed. Now it makes a rather large "click" when I press the button in the middle, and it seems a little harder to press. It just sounds significantly "cheaper" and plasticky than it did before.

It happened when I was using the phone. I had clicked the home button a few times, then I clicked it again, and the mechanics changed.

Is it possible for the button to get "un-aligned" or something?

Now, it is fully possible that it was like this from the beginning, and I simply didn't notice.

Is this normal? Maybe the buttons "set in" after some usage and this is its normal state. That's fine. I just don't want to have a dead home button after my exchange period is over.

Thanks for any input!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im not sure if thats normal but mine has never made any audiable sound.

welcome btw :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine actually does occassionally click if I press it with the edge of my nail at an angle. Afterwards, one side of the button is slightly higher/raised than the other side. Does this happens to your too?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i dont notice anything like that probably because i just noticed i always hit the button dead centre for some reason and i have a DecalGirl skin on it which would maybe dull it down a bit.. it definately makes me hit the home button by mistake a lot less often
uploadfromtaptalk1350526989850.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
FYI, sometimes it takes time for mechanical parts in the electronic board to get settle in. I remember when I first got my Bold 9900(a Blackberry), the keyboard buttons suddenly change the sound after about a week use. Then someone at Telus told me it was normal, which was later confirmed by a CrackBerry member.

So when we have moving parts on a unit, it may change sound as it get wear out a bit(anything mechanical wear out faster at the beginning right out of the factory)

Scythe55

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't ever noticed the home button to make a sound. If it concerns you, take it back to the store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678