Removing the Otterbox Defender

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
LMAO! Thats pretty funny...I have a bootleg ottberbox case which i think is even better than the real thing, and it has different colors

The otterbox has several different colours as well, and a 100% replacement guarantee and amazing customer service

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got mind off with your help it is a defender for a galaxy note 2 but the screen didn't fit down on the phone screen and that made it hard to scroll with the case on the screen.

clintlinderman

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I made an account specifically to thank you for this advice right here, worked great!

unfortunately two of my locks are breaking already so I'll probably be emailing otterbox soon anyhow.

"The easiest way to do this is:
1. Remove the silicone protection.

2. With the phone in your hands, turn the phone on its side so that the volume keys are pointing up and the power key is pointing down. The display should be pointing to the right.

3. Put left thumb over volume-up and right thumb over volume-down.

4. Push into the case with your left thumb, unlatching the lock above your left thumb. "

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Glad it helped you!

Believe it or not, I just emailed and sent pics to Otterbox yesterday. My replacement is on the way.

In the meantime I'm using my Cruzerlite Spi-Force, and getting a lot of compliments.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

dbos02210

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
1. Remove the Otterbox outer rubber cover (fingernails along the rubber seams should do the trick)
2. Using a table knife (or any knife with a rounded tip), insert the tip of the knife at one of the rounded corners of the Otterbox case into the seam between the top and bottom plastic covers.
3. With the knife in the seam, gently angle the knife just enough to separate the top and bottom covers a bit. Now guide the table knife along the seam from the rounded corner to one of the plastic hinges. The hinge will pop open as the knife approaches it.
4. Repeat the same process at the other three rounded corners of the phone, so that a few more plastic hinges will be opened.
5. Now repeat the process from the sides of the phone, guiding the angled knife toward any unopened hinges.
6. Eventually you will have popped open all of the plastic hinges and may remove the top cover.

scoutjack

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Charley, just got an otterbox defender for my Galaxy S4 and yours was THE best answer to removing the case. Nice step by step. It worked great. Thanks again

Jack

Nick Curtis

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
No tools required. Guaranteed this is the best advice on the web. If you have any fingernails at all, place fingernail of pointer and middle finger on either side of each latch and push into gap between pieces. VERY easy once you understand. :)

Greg McFarlane

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
i had this problem too and had to call otterbox.

pretty much if you apply pressure to the 2 belt clip bumps, the side will pop open, then you have to work your way around the phone and pull down at each of the 8 snaps.
Once you get about half way, the screen protector will pop off

greg

newswatcher

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't pull. Take the silicon off then pop up each of the little tabs on the sides. Should be 4 or 5 - one on the top and bottom, a few on the sides. Just slide your nail under the plastic tab, should pop right off.

This was the simplest and easiest method for me. After about an hour of trying various "eyeglass screwdriver" tips, the above worked like a charm. Thanks! Now I know. Not that hard if you do just what it says...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle