Removing the Otterbox Defender

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So since I'm outside a lot with my phone I decided to splurge on the otterbox defender case. I got it on just fine, but now I can't get it off! Are there pressure points to get the front and back apart that I'm missing??

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
just pull really hard!
i tired it out at best buy and decided against it for that reason, because it was a pain in the a$$ to remove especially compared to the previous otterboxes i have had, look up the seidio OBEX case it is waterproof

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't pull. Take the silicon off then pop up each of the little tabs on the sides. Should be 4 or 5 - one on the top and bottom, a few on the sides. Just slide your nail under the plastic tab, should pop right off.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't pull. Take the silicon off then pop up each of the little tabs on the sides. Should be 4 or 5 - one on the top and bottom, a few on the sides. Just slide your nail under the plastic tab, should pop right off.
the S3 case is more of a PITA than other otterboxes

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So since I'm outside a lot with my phone I decided to splurge on the otterbox defender case. I got it on just fine, but now I can't get it off! Are there pressure points to get the front and back apart that I'm missing??

Take your time removing the otter. I have one and it's already broken. Good thing otterbox covers it and I have a replacement coming.

"may the odds be in your favor"

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
There are 6 "locks" - 2 on each side and 1 on the top and bottom.

Each lock needs to be unlatched.

The easiest way to do this is:
1. Remove the silicone protection.

2. With the phone in your hands, turn the phone on its side so that the volume keys are pointing up and the power key is pointing down. The display should be pointing to the right.

3. Put left thumb over volume-up and right thumb over volume-down.

4. Push into the case with your left thumb, unlatching the lock above your left thumb.

5. Keeping thumbs more or less in place, use your left index finger to press into the case over the top microphone. This should unlock the top latch.

6. Continue working around the phone, unlatching the locks.

7. The case should separate fairly easily.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i couldnt handle carryin around one of em big ugly badboys lol, theyr like a breifcase :p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
LMAO! Thats pretty funny...I have a bootleg ottberbox case which i think is even better than the real thing, and it has different colors

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is the case I have though...I get compliments all the time on it, has a kickstand for landscape and portrait viewing and extra protection

41K13OFX-hL._AA300_.jpg 41g12klhL5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 41VQnCIndhL._AA300_.jpg

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Try and get as much space as you can between the two parts of the screen protector part and the back cover once you get the silicon off

Then a stick a small knife or a nail clip in there and try and slowly release the sides and then it should come off

Or you can try by force. Luckily for me, mine no longer has that issue anymore

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a defender but I got it for free from my father in law. I would have preferred a comuter or a seidi but hey you can't beat the price!

anon(870071)

Trusted Member
Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000