For people without a screen protector...

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
How has your screen held up? Any regret scratches or still good as new? And if it looks good, how do you keep yours that way? Thinking about taking my protector off, just ran out and don't feel like buying another if others have been able to keep there's flawless.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine is good as new, but I have a case which levels higher than my screen so even if I put my phone face down on a table, my screen won't touch the table

41K13OFX-hL._AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine not having some form of protection on the screen. Then again I am really OCD, don't want a single scratch even in the phone body.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is good as new, but I have a case which levels higher than my screen so even if I put my phone face down on a table, my screen won't touch the table

View attachment 41902

Yeah I was thinking a combo like that would suffice

I can't imagine not having some form of protection on the screen. Then again I am really OCD, don't want a single scratch even in the phone body.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Lol I'm kinda the same way, which is why I've had a screen protector on for so long. Figured I could gauge how well the gorilla glass holds up by now from some braver people to see if the screen protector would still be needed

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a nice (read expensive) screen protector on mine for maybe 2 weeks or so. I ended up peeling it off and tossing it because I couldn't stand the "soft" feel and the minute imperfections. They claim self-healing but I know otherwise. I guess the biggest complaint I had was that feeling that is was less hard and crisp than the stock glass screen. Others may be different but that was my experience. I use a cheap case and belt clip combo and that suits and protects just fine.

51b7w6GfjcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
No screen protector on mine. Have had it since release date. I do have one of those flip credit card cases on it though so when it is in my pocket the screen is protected.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't like either the look or feel of screen protectors. Mine's been bare for over a month and is good as new.

g0dstr1be

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Never liked screen protectors and I refuse to use one. I have the Nexus 7 and keep it in a Case Logic zip case. Knowing you have no "protection" for your screen makes you take better care of it as well! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
never used one since UK release and not a single scratch (unlike the plastic which is scratced and dented and proves i throw the thing around)
i have a theory theres a bad/rushed batch of glass though..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Rob Robertson

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The screen will be fine as long as you don't keep it in the same pocket as your keys and loose change. I have the Otterbox Commuter case which raises the screen off the ground when I leave the phone face-down. I have not used a screen protector.

djgadget

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a screen protector on any of my devices, I hate the look and feel of them... I do not have a single scratch on my S3, iPad or iPhone... I don't think the designers, designed the device to be hidden away in a case or the screen functionality be impaired by a screen protector...

Like funkylogix said, I also reckon there was a dodgy batch of glass fitted to a couple of million phones, mine was not from that batch...

Rasta4i
"Flash it like you stole it"

mrbowlman

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone about a month, and lagged a bit on getting a screen protector. When it did arrive, and while I was cleaning the screen to apply the protector, I noticed I had a faint scratch that wouldn't come out. I didn't baby the phone, but I wasn't hard on it either. My guess is it happened putting it into or pulling it out of my pocket. Bummer.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope...hate screen protectors, they take away from the natural use of the screen if you ask me.If I'm not using my holster I slide it in my pocket with nothing else and the phone is good. I am however very cautious getting in and out of cars...I dropped my Bionc a few times like that.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i didnt have a screen protector but the GSIII flip case protected the key just fine in my pockets and bags. unfortunately, the screen got smashed after i dropped it. not sure a screen protector could have helped absorb some of the shock

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I had a nice (read expensive) screen protector on mine for maybe 2 weeks or so. I ended up peeling it off and tossing it because I couldn't stand the "soft" feel and the minute imperfections. They claim self-healing but I know otherwise. I guess the biggest complaint I had was that feeling that is was less hard and crisp than the stock glass screen. Others may be different but that was my experience. I use a cheap case and belt clip combo and that suits and protects just fine.

View attachment 41917

I have that exact same case. I bought a few of them; I was able to remove the belt clip and now have a svelte slip on cover. Also, the opened kickstand makes for a great finger hold when phone is in hand. There is a slight lip which protects the screen when face down. The textured surface removes any slipperynes.

No screen protector. No scratches. I've had my S3 since early July. Awesome phone!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i don't use a screen protector and i don't have any scratches. i put my phone in my pocket and in my purse equally. to be honest i hate the way screen protectors feel. i had one on my thunderbolt and finally thought i'd just cover scratches up with a screen protector if it came to it and took it off. after a year and a half i passed it to my husband with only one tiny scratch. he on the other hand must drag his phones over gravel and they end up worse for wear. so though im not obsessively careful with my phones i believe they are to be used and enjoyed, i'm not stupidly harsh with them either.