Possible to have music playing while texting/web surfing/gaming?

Sprtony

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
i am new to the Android family and have a question about playing music while texting to surfing the web.
Coming from a blackberry i am used to playing music, put the media player on the background and either text/play games/surf the web.
I tried to do this on my S3 by playing music through a widget and opening whatsapp to text a friend. as soon as i opened whatsapp the music stopped playing.
Is it not possible to this on an S3? Is there an app to get around this? any help would be appreciated.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ive never used the stock music player mate but its DEFINATELY possible.
i browse while listnin to tunes all the time etc..
maybe theres a setting in stock music player? does it play with screen off?
remember not to back out of the app, just press or hold home to move onto the next app ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...you havent changed anything in "developer options" in settings have u?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
i am new to the Android family and have a question about playing music while texting to surfing the web.
Coming from a blackberry i am used to playing music, put the media player on the background and either text/play games/surf the web.
I tried to do this on my S3 by playing music through a widget and opening whatsapp to text a friend. as soon as i opened whatsapp the music stopped playing.
Is it not possible to this on an S3? Is there an app to get around this? any help would be appreciated.

What app are u using to play music with?
I do this ALL the time, I use PowerAmp, which is a MUCH better music player than the stock player. It even has a few sweet widgets
Try using PowerAmp from the Google Play store, there is a free version but its worth paying for to me

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i love the facebook share widget brer :)
im pretty sure u can multitask while usin the stock player though unless the op has disabled background processes in dev' options.
i honestly havent used stock mp3 player though.. i bought PowerAmp a few phones ago lol :)

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I use power amp and the stock music player and I have never had a issue with surf/gaming/text. But I never use widgets so I would try it normally

"may the odds be in your favor"

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah maybe as iCrank says, make a shortcut to the music player app instead of a widget?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol