Nexus..nexus's.. A Nexus Phone..

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple of questions about a nexus smartphone. 1) What differentiates a nexus smartphone other then it being an unskined android.? Cause nexus's are made by other manufacturers and not by google. And 2) Would the nexus smartphones be the smoothest smartphones of all androids.? 3) Since its both a google phone and it has googles untouched software would it be considered "the" iphone of androids.?
Edit: 1 more thing,so if the unskinned is the only real reason that makes it different could every android phone be "a nexus" phone.?
Sent from my S3:)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its basicly a manufacturer that google has chosen to make a phone/tablet to googles standards and run pure undiluted android, latest version.
think Nexus started as devices for developers but theyve kinda caught on and maybe google will make more and aim them at the general public :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Its googles test bed for the newest roms and for devolopers to test there apps on. It can be buggy it could b less specs then a top tier phone. It will be plain and boring.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So manufacturers go off the blueprints of what could of been a nexus phone but they change it into theirs ? Im not saying them customizing their phones is bad btw.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So manufacturers go off the blueprints of what could of been a nexus phone but they change it into theirs ? Im not saying them customizing their phones is bad btw.

nexus manufacturers or manufacturers in general bro?

n i agree with the dude above, youre not gona get the best camera or anythin but maybe thats gona change now that the nexus brand is well known?
look at the Galaxy Nexus Monkey, its so underpowered compared to the s3 but runs pure android perfectly.
think it kinda sets a standard for OEMs to build on

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I would say something about this thread, but for once I'm glad that a thread that's posted in the wrong section isn't related to the iphone 5

Now back to the topic, I wonder if there will be multiple nexus phones released or just a new nexus phone and 2 new nexus 7 variations

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the rumours are rife mate.
the date for the google event is confirmed as 29th i think.
id SO love a Sexus (sony nexus) mmm

HTC and Samsung versions would be nice to compair.
theres rumours LG will make one...

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I would say something about this thread, but for once I'm glad that a thread that's posted in the wrong section isn't related to the iphone 5

Now back to the topic, I wonder if there will be multiple nexus phones released or just a new nexus phone and 2 new nexus 7 variations

-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

I apologize,i figured i would of just posted it anywhere. An the iphone 5 isnt interesting,i prefer my s3 lol. Ive read in alot of different places that there are possibilities of Lg or htc making another nexus,or maybe both.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I apologize,i figured i would of just posted it anywhere. An the iphone 5 isnt interesting,i prefer my s3 lol. Ive read in alot of different places that there are possibilities of Lg or htc making another nexus,or maybe both.

The htc nexus sounds sexy, the lg one one the other hand.... Not so much

I especially don't like the fact that it looks almost exactly like the previous nexus

-S. T. C

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanx mate. hmm im not keen on the LGs looks but then i hated the look of the Gnex and now love it..
..and 8gb storage would be a DISASTER!

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
thanx mate. hmm im not keen on the LGs looks but then i hated the look of the Gnex and now love it..
..and 8gb storage would be a DISASTER!

Hopefully they will make a 16 as well, I don't know how its possible to use a device with less than maybe 12 gigs

-S. T. C

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The main advantage is receiving timely updates. In the U.S. the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus will probably receive the next version of Android before the Galaxy S3 receives Jelly Bean.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The main advantage is receiving timely updates. In the U.S. the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus will probably receive the next version of Android before the Galaxy S3 receives Jelly Bean.

This.

A Nexus will get the newest versions of Android straight from Google, and since they are official updates there are no compatibility bugs to workout like with Cyanogen, etc. Plus since Google designed the phone, it has a form factor like Google intended (e.g. without a permanent menu button, with soft keys, etc.).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. So the only two big reason their nexus phones is cause their stock android and get their software updates directly from google.?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. So the only two big reason their nexus phones is cause their stock android and get their software updates directly from google.?

The #1 reason to get a nexus is 0 physical buttons imo

And I guess the update thing is a big part as well

But if you root your galaxy s3, and just keep up to date with the latest roms, i don't feel that the Nexus 4 or whatever itl be called will be better than the GS3

-S. T. C

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The #1 reason to get a nexus is 0 physical buttons imo

And I guess the update thing is a big part as well

But if you root your galaxy s3, and just keep up to date with the latest roms, i don't feel that the Nexus 4 or whatever itl be called will be better than the GS3

-S. T. C

I dislike physical buttons but i like the touch capacitive buttons. Might move to the one x + when its released. :D