So I like all the flexibility of Android and the S3 seems like a great phone. I was going to upgrade from an iPhone 4s to the 5 but I want widgets and am pissed that I have to jailbreak the iPhone to get it. However there are a couple of iPhone features that I don't want to give up (and I see conflicting reports about Android in these areas). Will I be able to do the following on the S3?

1) Have visual mail where I can listen to the messages over bluetooth (in my car)? By the way I would prefer not to have to switch to google voice.
    2) Have voice commands to read/reply to texts and listen to above voice mail messages (also from Bluetooth when in car)?
    3) Will I need to wait for Jelly Beans to do this or will ICS let me do it?

I think everything else is covered, but if there is a major feature in the iPhone that is not replicated in the S3 please let me know. Oh, and if you have an opinion on refurb phones let me know as well. AT&T has a great deal on them but they only have a 90 day warranty.

Thanks
    Rob
    10-19-2012 12:29 AM
    I switched from iOS on AT&T and they have an AT&T visual voicemail app. It's nowhere nearly as smooth or integrated as what iOS does but it's functional. I don't know about Bluetooth I'll try it this weekend. I've seen in settings that there is a driving mode where I think your text messages are read to you. I don't know if that's using s voice or google. The Samsung voice recognition is leaps behind google.

I've only had this a few days so far and I am still assessing whether to keep it or just upgrade to the 5.
    10-19-2012 08:47 AM