Hey there guys, Ive just bought the Galaxy S3 and with a 500MB data, but i use wifi to check and browse all my stuff and not the 3G etc..., i recently checked my data usage and for the Mobile data ive used 660KB and the WiFi ive used 259MB, now will this affect my overall 500MB data that ive got? Im a little worried that im going to go over the limit pretty quick. So can anybody help me

Also another quick question guys, how can i free up more RAM, out of the 779MB ive used up 518MB, i dont know how its that much, ive deleted the apps which i dont need, and always close apps after ive used them, so any help on that aswell guys?
    10-19-2012 09:40 AM
    the 500MB data is not affected by what you do when you are in a wifi area. the GS3 handles transition from mobile to wifi very well so you are very well covered. your mobile data gets used up only when there's no wifi in range

ICS and up handle RAM usage quite well so that is also not something to worry about. there's a clear RAM option available when you long press the home key but all in all, the GS3 performance is not reduced because you're maxing out available RAM

just sit back relax and enjoy the awesomeness called GS3
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-19-2012 09:49 AM
    You only have 1gb of RAM?
    10-19-2012 10:18 AM
    You only have 1gb of RAM?
    Hey there guys, Ive just bought the Galaxy S3 and with a 500MB data, but i use wifi to check and browse all my stuff and not the 3G etc..., i recently checked my data usage and for the Mobile data ive used 660KB and the WiFi ive used 259MB, now will this affect my overall 500MB data that ive got? Im a little worried that im going to go over the limit pretty quick. So can anybody help me

Also another quick question guys, how can i free up more RAM, out of the 779MB ive used up 518MB, i dont know how its that much, ive deleted the apps which i dont need, and always close apps after ive used them, so any help on that aswell guys?
    Are you sure that's a gs3?

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    10-19-2012 10:31 AM
    GT-I9300 - the international GS3 (non LTE version) has only 1gb RAM but has a quad core processor. US versions
    have 2gb RAM and a dual core processor.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-19-2012 10:46 AM
    For your RAM problem... Download a Samsung app called "Application Monitor" (which is a widget) from Samsung app store. It is free and I found this is the best way to access the RAM. Using that once in a while clear your RAM. At least that's how I keep my phone smooth all day. (I have the Canada-US version with 2GB RAM).
    10-19-2012 11:41 AM
    thanks guys for the heads up.. ive got another question, from my data usage without wifi ive used 687KB and when I checked with WiFi on ive used 668MB, will I be charged by my internet provider or is that free? Also is there a way i can delete the data usage of how much ive used with wifi? Like clear cache or something
    10-22-2012 10:43 AM
    the Wi-Fi data is using your or someone's internet so you shouldbe charged (unless your home internet has a really small plan) as for the data being reset you can set the reset date, so every month when your data cap is reset by your provider it will auto reset itself. Go into the settings > data usage and set your data usage cycle.
    10-22-2012 10:51 AM
    Don't know where I am here... yep, new guy...

Just spoke with AT&T who ASSURED me that EVEN when in my home Wi-Fi, IF use packet data is enabled (network AT&T) THEN I will be charged any data usage even through Wi-Fi.

Btw, THEY brought this up as they are fielding many calls from angry customers.

I'm not sure I understand why the phone AND AT&T counts this towards my billed plan.

Again, TOLD to manually SHUT off USE PACKET DATA or it will count towards my usage.
    GSDer likes this.
    10-23-2012 04:27 AM
    the 500MB data is not affected by what you do when you are in a wifi area. the GS3 handles transition from mobile to wifi very well so you are very well covered. your mobile data gets used up only when there's no wifi in range

ICS and up handle RAM usage quite well so that is also not something to worry about. there's a clear RAM option available when you long press the home key but all in all, the GS3 performance is not reduced because you're maxing out available RAM

just sit back relax and enjoy the awesomeness called GS3
    perfect answer.
    and to the others saying "are u sure thats an s3"
    we have QUAD core mmm can u taste it

and yeah packet data (mobile internet) will be charged if you go over your allowance. just pull down the notification bar and use the "mobile data" toggle to switch it off.
    if u wana make sure you NEVER use packet data, just mess up your APN settings

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-23-2012 06:11 PM