4.1 on the s2 of all things

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow so samsung outs out a statement that the ssg2 gets 4.1 in November.. Lol and the ssg3 gets 4.1 in the coming months.. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
oh man. thats almost funny lol :banghead:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't help but laugh at that. Luckily I bought into android knowing about the politics in slow upgrades through the carriers, so I made absolutely sure I'd be content with ice cream sandwich. Jelly bean is just icing on the cake, and root is an option when it's no longer supported

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Did they ever offer an explanation as for why it can't come to the s3 in America?

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Sledge: Tell me about it! AT&T and Verizon are THE WORST when it comes to releasing updates that are available on other carriers. I just wish we had an Android Doctor that we could use to flash Android devices without the need to "prep" the phone first. Palm really did things the right way, except their hardware development.

And yes, I am another webOS refugee....ICS at least gives me enough of the features I loved about webOS to be somewhat comfortable with my S3.

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I wish they did it like on the Nexus' sort of. Why couldn't the radio support be modular so you'd have the full OS release and the carriers would only have to release an API or module for the comunications part.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
well the UK non-carrier branded s3 still doesnt have it and i dont have carriers to blame lol :)
it is pretty funny ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Although it's sad that the S3 may get the update later than the S2, but I'm also happy at the same time. My brother's S2 has been acting up after updating to 4.0.4 (the latest on T-Mo) I believe. I hope that 4.1 will fix the problems that have been occurring for him.

Come on Samsung/T-Mobile/Carriers. Get your work going. I'll be distracted with work, school, and obsession with computers for a while. But if 4.1 isn't out by the time the Fall semester is over, I might become like the cranky babies too(complaining about 4.1 release).

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol ive been a Sony fanboy and theyre pretty good with updates.
Samsung has lost me as a future customer :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I mean Samsung makes quality products so that's what makes me stay to them, but THAT is ridiculous....I mean seriously that ooold phone is getting the update before their latest high ender? Samsung really needs to stop their game up!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
lol ive been a Sony fanboy and theyre pretty good with updates.
Samsung has lost me as a future customer :)

ROOT ROOT ROOT ROOT ROOT. You know you want to funk ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar