Extended Battery and Otterbox?

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if any extended batteries fit the GS3 inside an Otterbox Defender? I just switched from a Droid X.. in which I had an extended battery and the otterbox... and it fit just fine. Curious if anyone here has done this and what size battery?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't really think it's possible because the case that goes inside the silicone is very tight and can only fit the phone itself with, normal battery

There is a small square like box inside the case, it's probably no thicker than a 1/3 of an inch long so maybe if you can cut that out, then maybe you could get the case to close with the extended battery in it, but idk

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if any extended batteries fit the GS3 inside an Otterbox Defender? I just switched from a Droid X.. in which I had an extended battery and the otterbox... and it fit just fine. Curious if anyone here has done this and what size battery?

I have the same issue. I wish I would have held off on the OB. Seidio has an extended battery case / holster combo for their extended battery. I have read, but not tried, that you can call them and order an extended battery door that will work with other batteries, then use the Active case / holster.

I am considering trying this, then selling my OB. I am also considering a switch to the Razr Maxx HD for the better battery with a thin design. I have held the Maxx HD and its thin size is impressive. This is the main reason I haven't called Seidio and gone that route, yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigjotto316

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the Hyperion extended battery and case combo on Amazon for $35 together and I couldn't be happier. The extended battery does make the phone much bigger and heavier, but I don't mind the added bulk considering the insane battery life im getting.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the Hyperion extended battery and case combo on Amazon for $35 together and I couldn't be happier. The extended battery does make the phone much bigger and heavier, but I don't mind the added bulk considering the insane battery life im getting.

How is the case working out for you. I'm so tempted to buy one but I'm thinking of nodding a extra otterbox I have

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah same here, I have my Hyperion extended battery and using this case which is cheap but is also pretty good! Looks pretty sleek with the black as well. It fits well and all holes are accessible. It covers the mic a lil bit but it doesn't affect the calls

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2258467

Attachments

• 418L1xp4jqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    418L1xp4jqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 418L1xp4jqL._SS400_.jpg
    418L1xp4jqL._SS400_.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 198

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the same question about the extended battery and the OtterBox case. I ended up modding the case and getting it to work fairly well. Just uploaded a video of the finalized case.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Extended Battery w/OtterBox - YouTube

That's a great mod but I'm hesitant about leaving my back exposed.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

hcex98

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
True. The biggest thing that would be a problem would probably be the weather. Dust isn't really an issue. At least it hasn't been yet.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Seidio has an extended battery case / holster combo for their extended battery.

I've had very good results with all the accessories I've bought from Seidio over the years, for many different phones. High quality and great support. Just ordered the extended battery (with NFC) and the extended case/holster, should have it all by the end of the week. As light and thin as the S3 is, I'm thinking the extra weight & thickness (along with the Seidio "soft touch" slightly rubberized finish on the door) may actually feel better in the hand. Will report here after I get it all and use it for a bit.