I want all of my mms and other downloads saved to my SD card but that is not occuring. When I save my mms it states it is saving it to my SD card but my card still remains blank and my internal memory is filing up quickyl. I have re formated my card a few times and this still is occuring. Ive tried every wayI can think of to fix this but havent had any luck. Can anyone help me?
    Thank you
    10-22-2012 06:15 PM
    If you get "ES File Explorer" from the Play Store, you can move all the files to ur SD card and free up some space...it works just like Explorer on Windows where you can move files easily from one location to another
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-22-2012 06:39 PM
    move them to Ext Sd Card though. the internal memory in s3 is now called Sd Card and the expandable memory is Ext Sd

p.s, the My Files app included on the s3 is really simple and makes moving files to Ext Sd really easy

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    10-22-2012 06:53 PM
    You haven't mentioned how you're saving your MMS and other downloads - are you talking about saving attachments, or actually using a backup utility? If the latter, it should allow you to specify where to save to. I'd recommend MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...droid.MyBackup Pro (there's a free version you can try).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-22-2012 08:16 PM
    Thank you for yor help. Oh and do u like ES File better than Astro
    10-22-2012 09:37 PM
    Thank you... Do you know if there is a short cut so I can just save my mms directly to ext SD Suomi don't have to move them.
    10-22-2012 09:38 PM
    Well, you still haven't said how you're saving your MMS, but assuming that you're talking about doing a long-press on the attachment, there doesn't appear to be any way to change the default storage location (/mnt/sdcard/download). If you were rooted you could use something like DirectoryBind to map that to a location on the real SDCard, but that isn't for the faint of heart.
    You would be much better off using a backup utility to save all of your important stuff to the SDCard.
    I prefer several other file managers over Astro - the latest updates to Astro have made it too confusing (just my opinion). You could just use the built in My files application for cursory file operations.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-23-2012 03:08 PM