Does this look right?

garry1bowie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I'm new to Android so forgive me if this is a brain number. Had a look at my battery stats and I'm not sure if this looks good? Can you advise? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351069790022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351069790022.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 90

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Looks right to me, you constantly check your Twitter thing or are tweeting to it or whatever that twitter thing does and that requires the big ass screen to be turned on a million times a day. So big screen is first and plume would be second better check some battery saving settings though, you could be experiencing extra drain do to the anticipated motion or gesture feature of the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Damn, you're right! I'm addicted to Twitter lol so yes, I check it every two minutes. Thanks for the reply.

You might wanna download the Falcon twitter widget and just refresh that every once in a while instead of opening the app

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

garry1bowie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Good shout! Thanks, I'll have a look at that.
You might wanna download the Falcon twitter widget and just refresh that every once in a while instead of opening the app

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Damn, you're right! I'm addicted to Twitter lol so yes, I check it every two minutes. Thanks for the reply.

Yea lol I'm not sure on how the twitter thing works cuz I don't use it but the constant on and off of the screen will take its toll on your battery. The only thing that drains it more than screen time is lack of service. That's my killer

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351097044614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351097044614.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 44

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I can give a better opinion if you post your screen usage details, but from the look of it you were using your device quite a bit on this charge.

Totally normal, if you want an extra bump check out Greenpower Premium or JuiceDefender in the app store.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

acuratly87

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I can give a better opinion if you post your screen usage details, but from the look of it you were using your device quite a bit on this charge.

Totally normal, if you want an extra bump check out Greenpower Premium or JuiceDefender in the app store.

Juice Defender (free) is showing a noticable increase in battery life. If it keeps over a day, I'll pop for the Ultimate! Thanks.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

ive never really had faith in those types of apps mate. what sacrifice do you make for the extra batt' life?

ps OP try GSam Battery monitor for a closer look at whats using your battery, its a pretty good app and widget ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
ive never really had faith in those types of apps mate. what sacrifice do you make for the extra batt' life?

ps OP try GSam Battery monitor for a closer look at whats using your battery, its a pretty good app and widget ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

No real sacrifice, it simply toggles off your 3g/4g when your screen is off. Only issue you might have is that it could cut the data stream to apps like Play Music or Pandora, but Greenpower (for example) has a whitelist which prevents the app from killing the connection when you specific app is in use.

You don't need 3g/4g to receive text messages and phone calls.

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
One more battery saving technique for you would be the removal of hd widgets. I would use beautiful widgets if battery is a concern cuz as soon as hd widgets gets installed on a device if mine I lose like six hours of battery that day.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever turn your phone off? My brother's S2 had a similar statistic. The battery was at around 70% but it said the Phone Run Time was only 2 hours and 30ish minutes. Then he told me he had his phone turned off. Otherwise you may be using your device a bunch. Two days ago my S3 lasted 1 Day 18 Hours. Probably because I realized facebook and Kaotalk likes to run in the background and I closed them.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No real sacrifice, it simply toggles off your 3g/4g when your screen is off. Only issue you might have is that it could cut the data stream to apps like Play Music or Pandora, but Greenpower (for example) has a whitelist which prevents the app from killing the connection when you specific app is in use.

You don't need 3g/4g to receive text messages and phone calls.

will this stop me getting push notifications though mate?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
will this stop me getting push notifications though mate?

It shouldn't. I still get Instagram and Android Central notifications.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't. I still get Instagram and Android Central notifications.

cool. tbh all id use it for is to turn off mobile data while screen is off but id have to set a whitelist (payed version)
does the app use little enough battery for it to be efficient for the one function ill use it for?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
cool. tbh all id use it for is to turn off mobile data while screen is off but id have to set a whitelist (payed version)
does the app use little enough battery for it to be efficient for the one function ill use it for?

The app doesn't even show up in my battery stats, so I can only imagine it uses next to no battery life to operate.

Just try out the free version, you'll notice a difference. If it's significant enough than grab the paid version. I don't regret it. I use it on all my android devices.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks man, ill prob just buy the payed version on payday for the whitelist.
sounds cool if im still getn push notifications.
dont a lot of sync things build up and then just flow as soon as the screen is switched on though defeating the purpose?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
thanks man, ill prob just buy the payed version on payday for the whitelist.
sounds cool if im still getn push notifications.
dont a lot of sync things build up and then just flow as soon as the screen is switched on though defeating the purpose?

Perhaps. I couldn't give an opinion given I manually update most things like Twitter, Gmail, ect. The only reason I get notifications from AC and such is because I'm too lazy to toggle the notifications off lol.

Those notifications are there when I wake up my device, and my 3G icon will 'reappear" within a second of waking up, so I don't specifically know why those notifications push. I imagine it's because it's a small ping and not pulling in mass amounts of data like 200+ tweets or several email messages.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i generaly do things manualy. thats why ive never had faith in such apps but my screen is constantly on/off so i fancy it just for the data off function.
might try the free one or a cracked version tomorrow and buy if i think its worth it.
thanx man :)