10-27-2012 02:39 AM
32 12
tools
    without wanting to patronise, if more people in the US buy their unlocked handset, put a pre-pay sim in it and be free to pick and choose their carrier month to month, take the power away from the big dinosaur carriers, prices would plummet. i know its hard because you get subsidised phones but if you cut that cord... youre free
    its also more complex in the US due to different frequencies etc i know... i dont envy you

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    With most prepaid carriers you don't get LTE speeds or very good coverage so that's why carriers still reign supreme which is stressful

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    HavnFunHere likes this.
    10-27-2012 01:43 AM
    i see your dilema mate but is 4g really so important?
    i bet you wouldnt notice a difference between our phones when browsing or streaming.
    only time youll notice that extra juice is downloading movies (i just do it while i sleep lol)
    seriously, the US carriers are making a huge profit margin because theres not enough competition and they work in a cultish way, rebranding phones drasticly etc. the s3 must be a breath of fresh air to the US as its basicly the same phone everywhere

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    HavnFunHere likes this.
    10-27-2012 02:07 AM
    Once you've had it yes lol but I do t really care about 50mbps speeds I would be fine with 15mbps while I'm at work or at home I have WiFi so I dont notice it but if I'm out the speeds I get make it frustrating to just check movie times do a simple Google search etc if all prepaid companies provided 4glte a lot of people would leave carriers behind but that doesn't look its going to happen lol

10-27-2012 02:15 AM
    its beginning to happen in UK, as i said though, no pricing has even been suggested lol. as long as it takes the load off the 3g network i should be back to gettin speeds of >10mb/s

10-27-2012 02:25 AM
    Hopefully things improve In the u.s

funkylogik and HavnFunHere like this.
    10-27-2012 02:31 AM
    I use juicedefender ultimate, it only uses WiFi when necessary and gives me MUCH better battery performance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    10-27-2012 02:32 AM
    I use juicedefender ultimate, it only uses WiFi when necessary and gives me MUCH better battery performance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    with JB, google Now wants wifi turned on for best performance so ive had it on and it uses at most 0.1% battery

thinkin of usin that Green something battery app though to switch off mobile data while screen is off except for whitelisted apps like music streaming etc

10-27-2012 02:39 AM
32 12