Just received this card and it won't work proper, popped it in my phone and it recognized the sd card with the proper space then formatt the card through the phone worked fine. Problem I am having now is when I try to transfer my pics, movies from my PC it will see the sd card but won't have a folder to transfer them to. I have tried to formatting again to FAT32 using EaseUs program however that won't work either... Anyone have any suggestions or other steps I can try?? Thanks!
    10-26-2012 07:05 AM
    It would be quicker to transfer stuff though a card reader than the phone. I would put all your stuff onto the card then plug it in your phone.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-26-2012 07:09 AM
    I have the same card and was also having issues. I used this program Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd worked like a dream.
    AndriB likes this.
    10-26-2012 07:37 AM
    No need to format these cards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-26-2012 06:20 PM
    When i first got my 64gb micro sd it worked just fine music, pictures, files and movies not an issue, I never formatted the card. HOWEVER when i rooted my phone and tried to flash a rom that was stored on my external sd card i just got errors. After using EaseUS and formatting the card to Fat32 everything worked fine. Even if the card works out of the packge i would still recommend formatting it to fat32.

OP just to be sure, with the sd card in your computer, Go to computer, right click on sd card scroll to properties and make sure it sayes file system FAT32. If it is and still wont work maybe you have a bad card. Did you get it from a reputable source?
    10-26-2012 08:24 PM
    When i first got my 64gb micro sd it worked just fine music, pictures, files and movies not an issue, I never formatted the card. HOWEVER when i rooted my phone and tried to flash a rom that was stored on my external sd card i just got errors. After using EaseUS and formatting the card to Fat32 everything worked fine. Even if the card works out of the packge i would still recommend formatting it to fat32.

OP just to be sure, with the sd card in your computer, Go to computer, right click on sd card scroll to properties and make sure it sayes file system FAT32. If it is and still wont work maybe you have a bad card. Did you get it from a reputable source?
    Is it necessary to format all cards to fat32? If so how? I got a 32 gig Samsung card.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
    10-26-2012 08:48 PM
    No, I believe it is just high speed cards 32gb and over. But am not 100% someone please if Iam wrong correct me.

I use EaseUS click this ---> http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...root-help.html go to post #5 and click the link. After you have it downloaded, run the program, click Go to main screen, click/highlight sd card and then click format (towards the top of screen) select fat32 and then click apply (upper left) a screen pops up asking Apply changes and click yes. After a bit it will be formatted.

Make sure you have your stuff saved on you computer since formatting will delete your data on the card.
    funkylogik and clintw22 like this.
    10-26-2012 08:58 PM
    Thanks alot bro!

10-26-2012 09:46 PM
    No problem, if you have any issues let me know.

10-26-2012 10:13 PM
    When I got my Sandisk 64gig card for my SG3 it would not even see the card when I installed it. The format menu was not available on the SG3. When I formatted the card with Windows 7 the SG3 got very cranky and crashed a few times. I finally formatted the card in a Panasonic camera (FH20) and then it finally worked ok.
    10-28-2012 09:46 PM
    i dont understand this "fat" thing lol and i only have a 32gb sandisk ultra but i just formatted it in the phone when i got it then used card reader to put tunes on it.
    finaly im glad i didnt hold out for a 64gb lol soz op :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-29-2012 01:22 AM