Hello everyone I just purchased the G3, just got away from the ipone 4, its a little different but I like. Just need some help cusomizing all of my different screens. I've never had the widgets and 7 different screens to choose from so I'm completely lost!!! Any help is appreciated.
    10-26-2012 07:15 PM
    Make a list of 5 things you would want immediate access to and than start adding related widgets from there. There's realty no right or wrong way and it's 100% based on personal preference.

I try and keep my homescreen simple, all the circular red icons are either folders (take the small Android guy icon, that opens up a folder with social apps like Twitter and Instagram inside) or open a system app like my Dialer or Messenger. I also use gestures to quick launch other apps I want to quickly open. If I pinch my fingers together, Google Play Music opens up. Features like this are built into launchers like Nova, and the icons I'm using are from MetroStation. My clock widget is from Beautiful Widget. You can take a look it this thread for ideas, and if you want to know what they're using, just ask

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ou-got-64.html

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Attached Thumbnails Customizing screens-uploadfromtaptalk1351298998212.jpg  
    funkylogik and tmade like this.
    10-26-2012 07:50 PM
    None of us can completely decide how your screens will look but just play around with them until you get something that fits you. Side note: the more widgets you have running, the only quicker the battery drain. Any hoots welcome to the galaxy where nothing is limited, lol

You can also have more than 7 screens.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-26-2012 07:51 PM
    Side note: the more widgets you have running, the only quicker the battery drain."all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
    Unless you have widgets that are consistently pinging a server for information (a weather widget updating every 5 minutes, a twitter widget refreshing itself 6 times an hour) you will not experience any significant/noticeable battery drain having an abundance of widgets.

10-26-2012 08:24 PM
    Unless you have widgets that are consistently pinging a server for information (a weather widget updating every 5 minutes, a twitter widget refreshing itself 6 times an hour) you will not experience any significant/noticeable battery drain having an abundance of widgets.

yeah ive found that, most widgets are basicly a shortcut but like clocks and battery meters will use cpu

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-26-2012 08:42 PM