I never thought I'd ever say this, but I actually quite like Touchwiz. OK, the interface isn't as nice as stock android, but some of the features like gestures are out of this world!
    Top stuff Sammy :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    10-27-2012 03:29 AM
    me too. couldnt live without the power toggles in the notification bar
    thats why im wary of flashing a custom rom.
    think theres apps that do the same thing though

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-27-2012 03:42 AM
    Me too. I didn't like the launcher though so I switched to Nova and Widget Locker which resolved the interface issues (that I cared about) but I get to keep all the other cool features like the motion stuff and the camera's burst mode.

I do want Jellybean though, mostly for Google Now and improved voice commands but at this point not enough to use a custom ROM. That may change.
    10-27-2012 06:50 AM
    Mine shipped with jb, love it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    10-27-2012 07:41 AM
    Me too. I didn't like the launcher though so I switched to Nova and Widget Locker which resolved the interface issues (that I cared about) but I get to keep all the other cool features like the motion stuff and the camera's burst mode.

I do want Jellybean though, mostly for Google Now and improved voice commands but at this point not enough to use a custom ROM. That may change.
    same mate. nova and widget locker... unfortunately JB doesnt agree with WL and im still waiting on email from the dev not good enough for a premium app..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-27-2012 08:25 AM
    me too. couldnt live without the power toggles in the notification bar
    thats why im wary of flashing a custom rom.
    think theres apps that do the same thing though

Lmao

There is 0 valid reason to stay on TouchWiz

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    Attached Thumbnails Touchwiz-uploadfromtaptalk1351342155292.jpg  
    10-27-2012 08:49 AM
    hmm fair enough smartarse
    what rom u usin again mate?

doh just read ur Sig lol.
    how do Cyanogen OTA work? can u get em in any country? and do they wipe the phone each time?

10-27-2012 11:02 AM
    ... what does 4.1.2 add compared to 4.1.1?

10-27-2012 11:06 AM
    hmm fair enough smartarse
    what rom u usin again mate?

doh just read ur Sig lol.
    how do Cyanogen OTA work? can u get em in any country? and do they wipe the phone each time?

Lol

I believe you can get them in every country but don't quote me on that

You need to wipe Dalvik, wipe cache partition and factory reset then apply the rom and the restore your backups and whatnot

-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$
    10-27-2012 11:17 AM
    ... what does 4.1.2 add compared to 4.1.1?

I don't even remember, I think it's just stability improvements or something

I really haven't found a difference between this and 4.1.1

-S. T. C

10-27-2012 11:17 AM
    Lol

I believe you can get them in every country but don't quote me on that

You need to wipe Dalvik, wipe cache partition and factory reset then apply the rom and the restore your backups and whatnot

-S. T. C

pity. would be nice if the OTA didnt require a wipe.
    think ill wait for a complete rom. once u start flashing u end up forgetting to enjoy the phone ive found lol, it becomes more of an ongoing project than a portable computer

10-27-2012 11:30 AM
    pity. would be nice if the OTA didnt require a wipe.
    think ill wait for a complete rom. once u start flashing u end up forgetting to enjoy the phone ive found lol, it becomes more of an ongoing project than a portable computer

Lol, not if you use stable roms

-S. T. C

10-27-2012 12:13 PM
    trust me.... the flash bug will get to you mate i modded f*** out of my old Orange San Francisco (branded version of the Zte Blade) and i was just never happy even when it performed like a phone 3times the price. now i have my 1st top of the range android, i just kinda wana chill with it.
    plus if i go to jail in Feb, i want to leave it to Clair or my nephew in a nice simple guaranteed state lol.
    CM10 looks SOOO fkn good though lol.
    are there any good vanilla roms for the s3?

10-27-2012 12:26 PM