Hello droiders, I have been using my Galaxy S3 with the last, most recent version of KIES (I don't know the version number), without any problems at all... Last night KIES told me there was an update, so installed version 2.5.0.12094_28 & now KIES cannot recognise my device... Any advice?
    I have already tried connecting with USB Debug mode active to get the other drivers.
    un-mounted / mounted SD card .

I had this problem with the S1 AND S2..... I thought they would have got such a simple thing as connectivity right on the third attempt?! Obviously not...

& I forgot to ask, is there any way of going back to a previous version of KIES? I would rather that than doing a hard reset of my device...

Thanks in advance,

-=Machaig=-
    10-28-2012 10:24 AM
    Regarding going back to a previous version - unless they were named identically, your computer should have a copy of the older version in your Downloads directory.
    I don't use Kies but from having read through a number of threads about it the common recommendation seems to be to uninstall/reinstall it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-28-2012 11:41 AM
    yeah kies is a beatch mate. as GS says, reinstall

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-28-2012 01:15 PM
    Ah ha! I noticed a few other forums saying that some people had to reinstall kies a few times... & right enough, i had to reinstall it 3 times.... seems to be working.... So far.
    Thanks guys! & fit's the crack Funkylogic?! Im up in Inverness... Gettin fekkin cold now eh?! :P
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-28-2012 02:31 PM
    Ah ha! I noticed a few other forums saying that some people had to reinstall kies a few times... & right enough, i had to reinstall it 3 times.... seems to be working.... So far.
    Thanks guys! & fit's the crack Funkylogic?! Im up in Inverness... Gettin fekkin cold now eh?! :P
    7 now brer but bet its calder up ther.
    yass another Scotsman!
    this forum is f***d lol.
    its hard tryintae type properly fur the yanks eh :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-28-2012 02:55 PM