Severe, extreme, and amber alerts

jfig24

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I am also using an at&t S3 and do not have an option under settings in the Messaging App for these kinds of alerts.

just look out the window! (sorry bad joke man)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
u in the east Chaos mate?
watchin CNN justnow (not my usual news channel choice lol but i doubt RT or Al Jazeera will be covering Sandy much lol)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Yea, im in NY

I didn't lose power or anything, this storm was overated

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

BroRob

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
We're right in the path of the hurricane and I haven't gotten an alert. I don't view that as good. All Weather sites have alerts but the messages app hasn't sent anything.

So you had no idea it was coming? Dang! I hope the alerts on TV, Radio and the interwebs notified you in time and you didn't have to wait for everyone in the country to let you know what was going on.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I live in south jersey and I got all of the alerts , maybe its cause I rooted my phone and put cm10 on it and with the new Google now that's just whatit does

That's different, he's talking about text alerts, us cm10 users have been getting those annoying Google Now alerts and no texts

-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So you had no idea it was coming? Dang! I hope the alerts on TV, Radio and the interwebs notified you in time and you didn't have to wait for everyone in the country to let you know what was going on.

Yes thank you rob that was definitely helpful. Of course I knew about the storm. My point was I didn't get any alerts even for something so huge. So in the future when I'm out and there is a severe weather alert I'm not sure I'll get it. Not just a hurricane. But again thanks for the contribution.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yea, im in NY

I didn't lose power or anything, this storm was overated

-S. T. C

Overrated? I'm in Far Rockaway, and I wouldn't dare say this storm was overrated! Have you seen Far Rock? It's terrible over here..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aparently its the worst storm in living memory?

i didnt realise you needed electricity for water supply over there... is that because theres no hills to provide the pressure?

thatmetaldude

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Dude I live in jersey rite on the Delaware bay and for some reason everything else got tore up except for were I live, it good but crazy cause Floyd hit our house bad when it came.uploadfromtaptalk1351633714548.jpguploadfromtaptalk1351633741772.jpg

GS3 Cyanogenmod 10

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Newbie (to these forums) here, so go easy... I have had my GS3 for about 8 months. My better half has had her iPhone 4S for 9 months and my youngest has had his iPhone 5 for about 2.5 months. We're all on AT&T (no comments please).

Last night wifey and youngest's iPhones got an Amber Alert for the first time since they've had cell phones. My GS3 did nothing. I have looked thru the Messaging, Settings menu and I don't find anything relating to the Emergency/Amber/Goverment/Presidential alerts idea. Am I just lucky? Is it something that AT&T will probably include in the coming JellyBean update? Am I looking in the wrong place? Mostly for curiosity's sake. One other idea that occurred to me is that I live in Texas where we do get occasional tornados and would like to be notified in the middle of the night if one was close enough to cause concern.

TIA!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
In the stock Messaging app, press the Menu button, select Settings, scroll down to the "Emergency message settings" section and select "Emergency alerts". In the new window select the alert types you want to receive.
8a9e5umu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, that makes a bit more sense, but it's still curious to me that AT&T would take this option out or not include it at all. They're one of the 'big boys'/'players'

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not surprised - Verizon, in their infinite wisdom, took out blocking mode and the Wi-Fi toggle. Guess they're not the only ones that think they know what the customer should be able to do on their own phone. :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood