MHL-HDMI adaptor..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ok i got it this morning but the micro usb part is SO loose so if i was gaming, it would fall out.
is this normal, design fault, or faulty unit?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't know what to tell you Funky - I purchased the one from Samsung and it seems to fit normally. There's a little bit of wiggle side-to-side (when looking at the screen); none up-and-down (when looking at the port directly); and it certainly won't fall out by itself.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thing is mate. it fits my girls bb and a bricked android just fine.
usb charger fits my phone tightly... i just dont get it lol :confused:

ill have to find my hdmi cable and see if the "wiggle" affects performance lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Note that when I tried my heavy duty 12' HDMI cable it wouldn't work, so I went out and bought a cheap 6' HDMI cable and it works fine - YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Note that when I tried my heavy duty 12' HDMI cable it wouldn't work, so I went out and bought a cheap 6' HDMI cable and it works fine - YMMV.

mine is 4m (12ft?) but not heavy duty.
no reply from the seller so maybe i should contact amazon?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
mine is 4m (12ft?) but not heavy duty.
no reply from the seller so maybe i should contact amazon?

how many wires are in HDMI cable? if mine dont work ill just mod it (unless its those stupid lil wires in headphone cables that u cant just twist together)

f***d up yet again lol ^

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
still no reply from 3rd party vendor.. i emailed them via Kindle who were supposed to forward it to the supplier and forward me a copy of my complaint but nothing.
anyone with experience with Kindle know what my next move should be?
id rather pay the extra ?5 +get the samsung branded one tbh
cheers :thumbup:

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If you ordered from Amazon, go to Your Orders. There should be a box that says Available Actions. Under that is the option to Return an Item. That should walk you down the right path to recovery. If it was an Amazon direct item, painless. If it was a 3rd party through Amazon, a little more time involved but they don't want a negative review so I've always been very successful with returns at Amazon.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its cool, after a second "persuasive" email, theyre gona send me a new unit without me returning the 1st :)
its amazing how much persuasion power you have when you mention you use some major android sites and plan to review it ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
how cool is that.. got the replacement already and it fits fine :)
big-up CeeD :)
il give them a nice write up in "accessories" when i find my HDMI lead and test it lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it works perfectly even on a 4m+1m hdmi extension.
youtube works fine and Dead Trigger could be a console game.
well chuffed with it for a tenner :)
bleep you Samsung!