I ordered a pre-assembled back off of eBay yesterday for $28, I wasn't interested in doing it myself, but I ended up finding one of these, and there were only a few left, so I bit the hook. So for those of you that have already modded your backs, what are you using for a case? I'm currently using an Otterbox Defender, and I know I will have to switch, just want some different ideas. I have four of these Touchstones kicking around still, figured I might as well get some use out of them.
    10-31-2012 07:48 AM
    MIGHT have to go with a bumper man. Or maybe a TPU case with a circle cut out so it charges?
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-04-2012 03:38 PM
    I ordered a pre-assembled back off of eBay yesterday for $28, I wasn't interested in doing it myself, but I ended up finding one of these, and there were only a few left, so I bit the hook. So for those of you that have already modded your backs, what are you using for a case? I'm currently using an Otterbox Defender, and I know I will have to switch, just want some different ideas. I have four of these Touchstones kicking around still, figured I might as well get some use out of them.
    Any updates, feedback on the conversion itself?

(Ordered touchstone parts... and was wondering how to rig up so a decent case could be used.)

12-17-2012 12:32 AM
    Any updates, feedback on the conversion itself?

(Ordered touchstone parts... and was wondering how to rig up so a decent case could be used.)

Sorry to leave you hanging. It works well, the magnets are strong enough to hang the phone upside down, but it doesn't take much to shake it off. I honestly don't use it much as it won't work through my Otterbox Defender. Here's an article on it http://m.webosnation.com/galaxy-s3-g...hstone-mod-yet
    It sums it up pretty well. You do have to be careful, I know someone that broke one of the contacts off while removing the back cover, she was going to try and resolver the contact back on but I haven't heard back on it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Palm Touchstone Friendly Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1355898900271.jpg  
    12-19-2012 01:41 AM