Switched to s3 from a iphone 4. Aside from a few quirks (data usage i cant identify etc) one big thing is left for me, where i whish the iphone back: music player integration. Playing arround with a few players and i am sure will find one that suits me well.

But what seems to be really bad is the headsets available. I had the klipsch s4i and of course wanted to buy the model for android expecting same comfort. Now i read the controls are having a very akward vol control and that there is only one button to control everything instead of 3 for ios version.

Is there a headset that brings the same comfort as the ios version of the headset?
    10-31-2012 10:30 AM
    I think those iphone ones were good but now it all goes by your personal taste. Once you get use to the stock ones you'll forget about the Apple ones. As far as the music player I highly suggest Power amp its worth buying. (also has a two week trial if you decide to keep it just buy it)

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
    10-31-2012 02:28 PM
    Hi iCrank.

I doubt that - the stock ones sound quality can't compare to the Klipsch. But I'd like to have the full control comfort of Vol+/-, Skip Tracks Backwards/Forwards, Pause/Play, Accept/End Call.

This seems to be give with the S4a II - but in a very akward way when it comes to the volume control. While there are dedicated buttons (+/-) in the iOS version, volume control for android is entered by holding down the only button on the remote for 2+ seconds. Then the music drops to lowest level and can be made louder by repeatedly press the button again. So if you miss the comfort zone - and want to go to one level less loud. You need to:

- wait till it exits vol control
    - start vol control again
    - raise level again from the lowest level

Is this the best available for android at the moment? That would be really disappointing - especially when shelling out 80Euro for such headset...
    10-31-2012 08:14 PM
    Hi iCrank.

I doubt that - the stock ones sound quality can't compare to the Klipsch. But I'd like to have the full control comfort of Vol+/-, Skip Tracks Backwards/Forwards, Pause/Play, Accept/End Call.

This seems to be give with the S4a II - but in a very akward way when it comes to the volume control. While there are dedicated buttons (+/-) in the iOS version, volume control for android is entered by holding down the only button on the remote for 2+ seconds. Then the music drops to lowest level and can be made louder by repeatedly press the button again. So if you miss the comfort zone - and want to go to one level less loud. You need to:

- wait till it exits vol control
    - start vol control again
    - raise level again from the lowest level

Is this the best available for android at the moment? That would be really disappointing - especially when shelling out 80Euro for such headset...
    I get what you're saying. I switched from the iphone 4 to the galaxy and the earbuds were a major thing for me as well. After using the stock ones I forgot all about them. I know there are better ones but I stick to two types. The stock ones which works great for me and the Marley earbuds which are awesome. I couldn't tell you about any other ones because I don't worry about it that much. I'm sure there are others who can give you a good idea of some neat and inexpensive ones but I can only suggest to you from my experience that you'll forget all about those apple earbuds

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
    10-31-2012 11:18 PM
    @iCrank,

I see - funny - was eyeballing marleys before myself. but they don't offer the functionality of the remote control / mic - do they?

for me the iphone was serving 2 main purposes:

- communication (all sorts)
    - mp3 player (daily use)

many other things as well, but far less important.

so now I get the feeling i traded some (really great) new features against losing the convenience of the mp3 capabilities (or less dramatic - settling for far less convenient replacement of those).
    11-01-2012 12:06 AM
    They don't have the volume keys but I personally don't need them. You can't discriminate against an total ecosystem just because of earbuds. You have to give different products the chance.

11-01-2012 07:57 AM
    Hehe, do i now?

For me mp3 player is a mayor function. If this experience is overall crappy compared to iphone, i am foing to change again. All cool features (especially widgets, which are awesome and would be missed already) cant make up for a good mp3 player for me.

I, m going to play arround some more, time will tell

Edit: the headphones in the package have full controls (but sound terrible) - arent there any good ones out there?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    11-01-2012 09:36 AM
    Hehe, do i now?

For me mp3 player is a mayor function. If this experience is overall crappy compared to iphone, i am foing to change again. All cool features (especially widgets, which are awesome and would be missed already) cant make up for a good mp3 player for me.

I, m going to play arround some more, time will tell

Edit: the headphones in the package have full controls (but sound terrible) - arent there any good ones out there?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    I use these. 3 button control just like the ones that come with the phone.
    Amazon.com: NOCS NS200H-001 NS200 3.5mm Earphones with Remote and Mic - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I think you can even download an app from them that allows even more customization of the buttons.
    11-01-2012 10:29 AM
    I just picked up a pair of these:
    Amazon.com: Sony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones Earphones Headsets Head-sets Earpieces - Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement: Cell Phones & Accessories

The Sony SmartKey is supposed to work just like the controls on the stock earphones, and at $25 they're a good deal. I won't have them until Monday, though. I've like the stock headphones for podcasts (less so for music), but they don't hold up well... I've been through two pairs already.
    11-01-2012 07:17 PM
    ah - now we're talking.

so there are some hidden gems that offer the full functionality at last.
    geekymcfly likes this.
    11-01-2012 08:30 PM
    in the meantime i was strolling arround in Hong Kong - they have a lot of models for Android - but all with one of the below (crappy, in my mind) setup:

- only one button (and the combination of necessary arkward press-hold combinations for the different functions)
    - volume control via varistor in the cable - party like its 1980...

Now I decided to give the NS200 Android (All Black) (NS200H-001) a try - they seem to have the functions i am looking for and also should have decent quality.

Daniel
    11-12-2012 11:14 PM