Is there a way to set quiet time for certain notifications?

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
During the day I like having the phone make a sound and vibrate for e-mail, Facebook, and other "events".
At night I only want to have those sounds/vibration for phone calls and SMS, all other ones should be silenced.
Is there an app or a way to set this up (without manually changing each thing to silent)

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, I think the jelly bean update is going to address this issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd try automate it or llama profiles and make a rule or profile for silent at night

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but the solutions provided, I am trying out "Setting Profiles" don't seem to let me distinguish between one notification and another. In my case, I want phone, alarm, and SMS to "ring" but not e-mails and Facebook. SMS, e-mails, and Facebook all fall under notifications :-(

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Automateit

-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351716281971.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351716281971.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 36
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
is that for non root mate? :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Not 100% sure but most of the features should work

Things like making ur device shut down and others of that nature may be root only

-S. T. C

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use the app "Settings Profile".
It turns the volume up and down as needed. The rulles cover most every thing I need done.

richp5132

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they got rid of blocking mode, just got the phone on Friday and the jb update pushed to the phone about 4 hours later. I remember seeing blocking mode when I first started exploring the phone but it appears to be gone now.

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they got rid of blocking mode, just got the phone on Friday and the jb update pushed to the phone about 4 hours later. I remember seeing blocking mode when I first started exploring the phone but it appears to be gone now.

Mine still has blocking mode in settings - just below Wireless and Networks - as second item under Device.

Alan

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i still have the block setting but havent had another update since JB... tell me its not another apple rape!!

p.s, on Now in the US, when you type in an installed app name does it find it for you or is that still stupidly banned?
*sick of apple/patent laws*

..oh yeah has anyone found any Now Voice easter eggs other than "tilt" or "barrel roll"? :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)