About to give up and go back to iPhone

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Happy to hear you got it resolved and thanks for not giving up on a very good device!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Great to hear. I hope that you can filter some of the lame comments. Most people mean well.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm, actually no. There are some map apps on Android that the default is not "North up", you have to select it. Default is the direction you are moving is up.

Thats the apps preference all maps are drawn with north up. My point is knowing that makes a compass moot.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Happy to report that my SG3 arrived today and so far I'm LOVING it!!! Don't think I'll be going back. Now I just wish that android would be strict on sending Os updates like Apple. Can't wait for Samsung to rollout jelly bean.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Happy to report that my SG3 arrived today and so far I'm LOVING it!!! Don't think I'll be going back. Now I just wish that android would be strict on sending Os updates like Apple. Can't wait for Samsung to rollout jelly bean.

I think its already rolling out. You should have it very soon.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Root users don't have these problems lmao:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not gonna root until my warranty expires. My luck is that I will mess up n brick my phone n I know it's foolproof n blah blah blah, but I'm the one fool that would eff it up! And I don't know anyone experienced in doin it.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not gonna root until my warranty expires. My luck is that I will mess up n brick my phone n I know it's foolproof n blah blah blah, but I'm the one fool that would eff it up! And I don't know anyone experienced in doin it.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

:rolleyes: so your the type who refuses to read and can't follow simple instructions. If you are that sucks, if not nut up.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well today is the day I must make my decision and I am sorry to say that I probably will return the phone and go back to the iPhone. There are many things I liked about this phone and many things I know I will miss, however in the end some of my critical requirements are just not met by this phone (or Android). I love the screen, I love the freedom, I love the flexibility, but that does not help me with the basics. I was willing to make tradeoffs, but they just grew to large for me. The combined deal breakers for me are:
1) Size, for me, it's just a little bit too large for me to manage single handed while walking. Yes, I can do it, but barely, not comfortably, and always feeling like the phone can be dropped.
2) Skype does not work on the phone. There are alternatives, but my company, and family all are on Skype so I really need it
3) No Compass feature in CityMaps2Go. I travel a lot and usually to places where I don't have internet access. I use this app to get around. The Android version does not have the compass feature like the iOS version so you can't see the direction you are walking on the map.
4) Various transportation/ticketing apps don't work reliably. Example; the NY Waterways app will not reliably let you buy or show your tickets.
5) Battery life, it just does not get me through a day. While most days I can recharge during the day, that is not always the case. I have tried everything I read on posts, but to get me through, I need the phone to last longer. Sure I can use an external battery or larger battery, but I don't want the extra size/weight.

The last item is that the phone does wierd things from time to time. For example, switching from speakerphone to handheld does not always work. I use this a lot when I call places, and leave it on speaker until someone answers and then switch to the handset.

Sure there are solutions and workarounds for all of the above (like use my iPad for Skype), but after a while the compromises just get too great and you need to ask yourself is it worth it? I really wanted it to be, but I just can't justify it any more. Every day it seems I am hitting another area that I have to find a work around for.

It's depressing. Aside from the features I will loose, I also invested some money in this phone (restocking fee, extra chargers, 32GB SD card, case, etc.) :(

Bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out! *rolleyes*

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
:rolleyes: so your the type who refuses to read and can't follow simple instructions. If you are that sucks, if not nut up.

Just cause he doesn't want to doesn't mean he can't. Not everyone wants to root their phone, get over it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
rteichman, word of advice, always try to stick with Sandisk cards. They are much more reliable than other lower end brand name cards.

I would try another SD card and see if you get the same media-download drain. If you don't, it could be possible you have a faulty card. If you get the same thing, you most likely have some corrupt files in the phone/OS so a reset would be due!

most of the "fried" cards ive seen posted about on here have been sandisk mate (maybe just because theyre the most popular?), especialy sandisk ultra (which i have lol.. so far.. so good) :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
U'd better off and go get an iphone. It's not because Android phones are no good but because u are not mature enough to stay in good shape with something matured.

umm which thread are u reading mate? this is the most mature ios via android thread ive ever read and i respect the author! :confused:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
umm which thread are u reading mate? this is the most mature ios via android thread ive ever read and i respect the author! :confused:

I still remember the threads that were made around the time of the iPhone 5 first being announced. :p Much blood was shed.

anon(5830442)

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Why do you feel so superior, the op praised android more than you can praise ios. He just didnt think it was reliable enough, and i agree. I use both os and find android isnt all that. At least he tried, you keep trashing ios users and pretent tou are superior bc your phone is more complicated to use... How pathetic lol

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Awful lot of disrespect in this thread.
Wonder why people get that way. If someone wants an iPhone, so be it.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Why do you feel so superior, the op praised android more than you can praise ios. He just didnt think it was reliable enough, and i agree. I use both os and find android isnt all that. At least he tried, you keep trashing ios users and pretent tou are superior bc your phone is more complicated to use... How pathetic lol

Not as pathetic as bumping a 90 yr old thread for no reason

Sent from my SPH-L710 running Liquid Smooth RC2 4.2.2