Can I use my Verizon GS3 on T-Mobile ????

lpinon87

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I activated three Verizon GS3's with T-Mobile and I can send and recieve calls & texts. BUT, for some reason I cannot use the data service. I called T-Mobile technical support and the said that there was no way to add T-Mobile's APN on to the phone so the data will not be able to be used on my smartphones. Can someone please help?!?!?!?!?
:-\

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I activated three Verizon GS3's with T-Mobile and I can send and recieve calls & texts. BUT, for some reason I cannot use the data service. I called T-Mobile technical support and the said that there was no way to add T-Mobile's APN on to the phone so the data will not be able to be used on my smartphones. Can someone please help?!?!?!?!?

Why on gods green earth did you buy a phone from a CDMA carrier expecting it to work on a freaking gsm carrier.

Sent from my refrigerator

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Why on gods green earth did you buy a phone from a CDMA carrier expecting it to work on a freaking gsm carrier.

Sent from my refrigerator

This. Verizon runs on CDMA and Tmobile runs GSM. If you had an ATT S3 and tried Tmobile you would of had more luck .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

cncrim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Verizon s3 will work on T-Mobile voice, text MMS(need data), but u will only get edge for data.

What do to to make it work?
1 rooted
2 buy too apps from Google store
3 change APN

Done!

If u need help search for galaxy3root.com this guy have all kind video and there one will help u to do all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Verizon s3 will work on T-Mobile voice, text MMS(need data), but u will only get edge for data.

What do to to make it work?
1 rooted
2 buy too apps from Google store
3 change APN

Done!

If u need help search for galaxy3root.com this guy have all kind video and there one will help u to do all that.

Long Le

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can use Verizon S3 on Tmobile network. I unlocked it and I even can use data (but the data is slow compare to the Original S3 from Tmobile).

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can use Verizon S3 on Tmobile network. I unlocked it and I even can use data (but the data is slow compare to the Original S3 from Tmobile).

Good to know, and thanks for posting that info,,, but sadly late for me,,, as the OP of this thread I got told I could not use my Black Verizion S3 (which I loved) so based on the earlier postings on my thread here I got rid of much loved black S3,,,, my thanks to all that told me it could not be used.

Cheers
Davyo

IDEVICESTUDIOS

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a htc droid incredible from verizon that is a dual gsm/cdma phone. The gsm was for only international sim cards and it was flashed to tmobile. With all the hassles i had to do to get this phone to work on tmobiles network its better you just buy a tmobile phone.

{pros} the phone work only for calls
{cons} the phone could not send or received texts
could not go online
basically it was just a regular phone that work only for incoming & outgoing calls!

Do yourself a favor sale your gs3 then go to tmobile! Its not worth the hassels to flash it!

David Berge

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can. I'm using mine on T-Mobile right now. The Verizon galaxy is a global phone. Look it up on youtube .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-24-23-22-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-24-23-22-12.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 17

MeliMimi

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for verizon. I want to unlock it so I can use it on t mobile for everything data talk text and picture messaging. Anyone know how I can make this happen?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon GS3 can be used on T-Mobile. The phone includes support for GSM frequencies and I've used my T-Mobile SIM with my GS3.

You don't need to do anything special to get voice and SMS working. Just put a T-Mobile SIM card in the phone and you're good to go. To get data and MMS, you have to add a new APN entry that includes the settings for T-Mobile's network. While it works, it's not the greatest experience, as you're limited to Edge speeds for data.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

w0ng

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
verizon gs3 comes unlocked, so can use it with any gsm sim for call & sms, adding apn needed device to be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
verizon gs3 comes unlocked, so can use it with any gsm sim for call & sms, adding apn needed device to be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The latest Verizon update allows you to add APNs without root. In prior versions of the firmware, Verizon locked access to the APN menu so root was required to add a new APN.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

pcu

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
i have a samsung galaxy s3 from verizon . you can if you unlock your phone but the unlcok only works on jelltbean 4.1.1 you would ahve to downgrade using odin and then follow the unlock .

Debi Martocci

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Really? For calls? To the best of my knowledge the Verizon GS3 doesn't have a GSM radio. Verizon doesn't list it as a world phone, either.

As a matter of fact, Verizon does label the Galaxy S3 as a Global Ready phone. It says so right on the Samsung Lineup with the Globe logo as well as in the specs on the product page.
Network
LTE, CDMA/PCS/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
Global: GPRS/EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900); HSPA/UMTS (2100)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
As a matter of fact, Verizon does label the Galaxy S3 as a Global Ready phone. It says so right on the Samsung Lineup with the Globe logo as well as in the specs on the product page.
Network
LTE, CDMA/PCS/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)
Global: GPRS/EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900); HSPA/UMTS (2100)

You realize you responded to a post from 11 months ago? At the time I wrote it, Verizon's web site was incomplete, and didn't list those specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol