Can I use my Verizon GS3 on T-Mobile ????

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Not happy with Verizon and want switch to T-Mobile with my "black" Verizon GS3,,, that's the only reason I went with Verizon was to get the black GS3.

Do I need to unlock my GS3 for use on TM, or can I just swap SIM cards like can be done with the iphone 5 going from Verizon to TM.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Davyo

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The soon-to-be-released LG Nexus 4 would be a great choice for you since it isn't available on Verizon anyway and will work on T-Mobile. And it's available in black.
Hurry, return your SGSIII before the 14 day period, pay the restocking fee (and the ETF if necessary) and show Verizon your backside.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
All the answers to my question were as I thought they would be,,,,,,, the reason I was asking is the Verizon iPhone 5 can be used with T-Mobile by just popping in a TM SIM card, don't even need to jailbreak the Verizon iPhone 5 to use it with TM,,,,,,, I was just wondering if the same could be done with the Verizon GS3.

I did find it a surprise to find out the CDMA Verizon iPhone 5 could be used on TM's GSM network,,,,, anyone know how that works

Cheers
Davyo

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
All the answers to my question were as I thought they would be,,,,,,, the reason I was asking is the Verizon iPhone 5 can be used with T-Mobile by just popping in a TM SIM card, don't even need to jailbreak the Verizon iPhone 5 to use it with TM,,,,,,, I was just wondering if the same could be done with the Verizon GS3.

I did find it a surprise to find out the CDMA Verizon iPhone 5 could be used on TM's GSM network,,,,, anyone know how that works

Cheers
Davyo

I'm sure you find that out but I believe the Verizon s3 is lte capable and that requires a sim if I'm correct.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Not happy with Verizon and want switch to T-Mobile with my "black" Verizon GS3,,, that's the only reason I went with Verizon was to get the black GS3.

Do I need to unlock my GS3 for use on TM, or can I just swap SIM cards like can be done with the iphone 5 going from Verizon to TM.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Davyo
I realize everyone's priorities are different but I find it amazing that you chose a carrier based on the color of your phone.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Well iPhones work on all networks because they are "World Phones" since the 4S. Basically they can work on CDMA and GSM networks. The S3 is not based the same way.

Do you use a sim card for verizon phones? Is there a slot? If there is no slot then it will not work.

If there is a slot it may work. But you wouldnt be able to use LTE (waste of battery) and not abke to fully use the TMo 4G

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Lte is gsm so yes there is a can radio in it. That is why u need a sim. IPhone 5has a multi band radio.sprint is the only iphone5 locked down.
Really? For calls? To the best of my knowledge the Verizon GS3 doesn't have a GSM radio. Verizon doesn't list it as a world phone, either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Lte is gsm so yes there is a can radio in it. That is why u need a sim. IPhone 5has a multi band radio.sprint is the only iphone5 locked down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

What is a "can" radio ?

Cheers
Davyo

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

The post I responded to was referring to a Verizon GS3, not an iPhone. Verizon uses LTE only for data, not voice, so I'm somewhat skeptical that, and very surprised if, the VZW GS3 will makes calls on a GSM network.

chinedooo

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am in nigeria right now using my veizon GS3 on the GSM networks they have there. The GS3 is a world phone. You will not be able to use it on LTE networks around the world though. Only Verizon.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You can use the Verizon GSIII with a GSM network. I tested my T-Mobile SIM card with my rooted GSIII a couple of weeks ago. Voice, SMS, MMS and data all worked (although data was Edge only). Verizon locks down the APN menus so root is required to add the proper settings for data and MMS to work. I've seen reports that 3G data works with AT&T, but haven't confirmed that myself.

Sent from my SGSIII

shoqi_78

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, dear i just root my Verizon Galaxy S3 do i need to unlock as if i want to use it for T-Mobile ?
plz reply:)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, dear i just root my Verizon Galaxy S3 do i need to unlock as if i want to use it for T-Mobile ?
plz reply

bigwilly907

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Buddy of mine gave me his galaxy s 3 but he had verizon wireless carrier and I have a t-mobile carrier I was wondering if anybody could help me out to use this phone with my sim card. Oh though I noticed its a micro sim and mine is a reg. Sim card. Someone help me ou this phone is hot and i want to be able to enjoy the phone. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad