Well, I thought I'd try Juice Defender so I downloaded it yesterday . . .but then had to uninstall a few hours later, as I guess it's not really designed for user's like me (who work out of a home office, mostly) and who are on WiFi most of the time!?

Not really designed for user's who work out of a home office, or who are mostly on WiFi !!! After setting-up JD with all connectivity [disabled]—so my phone would not be connecting to cellular data or WiFi for updates and whatnot, unless I told it to—I set JD only to basically be 'On', or [enabled].
    A few hours later I was at a Panera Bread and on their Wi-Fi checking emails, before turning the GS3's WiFi to 'Off'. Then, after waking my GS3 up to send another email, I noticed, to my surprise, that there was a (busy) 4G icon showing the connectivity-fanned bars up in the notification bar!!!

I thought, What the...? So I went to: Settings > Data usage. . . and sure enough, the 'Mobile data' had been turned ON !!! . . .and again, that was with all the JD connectivity [disabled].

Moreover, I think my battery performance was actually worse for those 2-3 hours that Juice Defender was running [enabled] on my phone. Maybe it's just me, but after uninstalling Juice Defender... my battery performance seems to have improved! Or maybe that was too short of a time for JD to 'learn' my GS3 usage habits and the like, but there's no way I want some battery performance app to be turning on my cellular data without me knowing it.
    11-02-2012 07:02 PM
    im also a cynic mate. id rather toggle things manualy

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    winmod21 likes this.
    11-02-2012 07:48 PM
    im also a cynic mate. id rather toggle things manualy

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Roger that, Amigo. I'm right there with ya. Since we have our druthers. . I prefer to at least try. .to control my own phone! lol
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-02-2012 08:17 PM
    unrooted, an app cant do anything we cant do ourselves can it?
    its simple enough and saves having an app constantly using resources

11-02-2012 09:12 PM
    unrooted, an app cant do anything we cant do ourselves can it?
    its simple enough and saves having an app constantly using resources

I'm not sure I follah ya, Mate. lol
    But I guess apps can run in the background (background processes), and even connect to the net via cellular data if they want.
    Which is exactly what my 3hr. old download of Juice Defender was doing. Connecting, unbeknownst to me, to Mobile Data!
    11-03-2012 06:38 PM
    lol bro, what i meant is.. on an unrooted phone, an app cant do anything we cant do with our own humble thumbs

winmod21 likes this.
    11-04-2012 07:59 AM
    JD works well for me, and has been for a while. I found its auto-turnoff feature annoying as well, but loved the increased battery life (very noticeable to me).

I use the JD widget to quickly toggle between Enabled and Disabled, depending on what I want out of my phone at the time, and I now avoid the frustrations as you guys have experienced. And my battery life is very decent. I do have JD Plus, and every time I re-image/re-rom JD and Ghost Commander are among the first things i re-install.

Just my 2 cents...
    winmod21 likes this.
    11-04-2012 08:13 AM
    cant you just use powersave mode, turn off mobile data/wifi, adjust screen brightness whenever needed mate?
    i kinda want to want one of these apps lol...

11-04-2012 08:31 AM
    cant you just use powersave mode, turn off mobile data/wifi, adjust screen brightness whenever needed mate?
    i kinda want to want one of these apps lol...

I'm sure there are many ways to skin the cat, and everyone has there own methods. :-)
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-04-2012 08:41 AM
    duno if id do it tail or face first.....

winmod21 likes this.
    11-04-2012 08:52 AM