11-22-2012 07:50 PM
26 12
tools
    Well, I had a galaxy note 2 for about a week and took it back for a S3. So far I really like this phone but I was surfing the 'net this evening and noticed that on white screens there seemed to be a blue tint on the upper 1/4 of the screen and also near the bottom. I asked about 4 other people to look at the screen and tell me that I was losing my mind but they all confirmed that it looked blue. Is this the price I have to pay for this phone or should I take it back and get new one?
    Thanks!
    11-03-2012 10:24 PM
    Well, I had a galaxy note 2 for about a week and took it back for a S3. So far I really like this phone but I was surfing the 'net this evening and noticed that on white screens there seemed to be a blue tint on the upper 1/4 of the screen and also near the bottom. I asked about 4 other people to look at the screen and tell me that I was losing my mind but they all confirmed that it looked blue. Is this the price I have to pay for this phone or should I take it back and get new one?
    Thanks!
    I would have kept the note

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Uncle Louie, XChrisX and Roboticz like this.
    11-03-2012 10:25 PM
    I would have kept the note

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    That's nice, but that's not what I asked about. Have any useful info with regards to the thread's topic?
    kevin5377 and sudbury78 like this.
    11-03-2012 10:44 PM
    can you get it in a screen shot? Mines perfectly clear and i definitely don't have any blue tint, id at least take it back to where you got it and get it checked out at least. if the shop notice a problem then they will definitely swap it out.
    hell_on_heels and poopie35 like this.
    11-03-2012 11:04 PM
    Thanks!
    If u REALLY like it and wanna keep it, get a replacement. But out of curiosity, why did u take back the note 2. If u were with US cellular I would traded u, I want the note 2 n can't afford it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
    11-03-2012 11:09 PM
    I do not notice any blue on mine...mine does have a "yellowish" tint though but its not really a bother...definitely no blue though
    Go look at other GS3s for yourself and see if you can confirm it...it could be the website u were on
    11-03-2012 11:57 PM
    I agree with others... No blue here either. And if you are worried better take it back. It's your money and if it were me I would want to make sure I got my money worth. Even if they don't see it if you're within the two weeks you should be able to swap it out no matter what.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums
    11-04-2012 12:15 AM
    When i first got the phone i noticed it had a very subtle pinkish tint in the bottom quarter of the screen when on low brightness. It was so feint that most of my friends that i asked couldn't see it. Bugged me for a while, but now i don't even notice it. But like others have said if you cant deal with it exchange it for sure.
    11-04-2012 01:07 AM
    I don't notice any of this tinting whatsoever. Take it to your carrier's store and compare to a display model, if you're correct than exchange it.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    11-04-2012 01:55 AM
    aparently the older galaxys had a problem with this (or was it yellow?)
    shouldnt be a problem on s3 so take it back

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-04-2012 06:33 AM
    Make sure you take a look at your power saving settings. If on, it should be reducing your brightness output on full white screens to save battery. Mine comes out looking a little 'blue' from the greatly decreased brightness, and I just bought my S3 this week.
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-04-2012 10:05 AM
    no blue here but i messed with my colors and couldnt undo it. took it to a verizon and they know where those menus are. it shouldnt be there

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums
    11-04-2012 10:31 AM
    no blue here but i messed with my colors and couldnt undo it. took it to a verizon and they know where those menus are. it shouldnt be there

do u remember the menus mate? was it on jellybean?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-04-2012 10:49 AM
    Blue is normal-ish for AMOLED screens. Although not everyone has a bluish tint, it's still one of the flaws with AMOLEDs. Although I hear the Note 2 doesn't have such issues... Also, LCD screens suffer from no such tint, but they could sometimes be yellow.

Sent from my HTC One X
    funkylogik and imiller913 like this.
    11-04-2012 11:15 AM
    LED>LCD imo

11-04-2012 11:39 AM

no offence but did u turn the colours negative mate?
    cant think of any other colour setting on the american s3...

11-04-2012 11:41 AM
    Almost every screen including the old CRT screens have some form of odd color issues. I think it is normal to see that tint on a OLED screens. Manufactures may have reduce it over the years, but I don't think anyone out there found a way to get rid of it completely. Depending on how your brain/eye see the colors, even with advanced technologies, you may still be able to find flaws on our screen.

All the best. (Hum... your eyes happen to be blue? LOL
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-04-2012 12:43 PM
    Don't see any 'blue tint' on my 3-week old GS3, either.
    Alas, I started being in need of glasses about 5-6 yrs. ago. And I suppose I should go get some one of these days . . .
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-04-2012 04:17 PM
    lol mate i should wear glasses but cba goin to optician so ive been usin x2 reading glasses from the pound shop ($ store) for reading for the past 3yrs.
    im dreading findin out thn damage its done lol.
    but even with these on, with full brightness, next to a sheet of white paper, nae tintyo

winmod21 likes this.
    11-04-2012 04:49 PM
    nae tintyo, eh? Ha!
    Btw, what's a 'pound shop'??? Did you get your reading glasses at a pet food store, or dog kennel, or what!? lol

I wonder if kingnothing got this sorted? :-| Was it just on certain websites, or is it the phones display?
    11-05-2012 09:15 AM
    lmao @ dog pound

11-05-2012 12:07 PM
    search for the "how to get to secret menu" and there is a thread on it. if you cant find it here then google it for the samsung galaxy s3 and it should pop up. It will allow you to test every aspect of your phone. including screen colors too. should help. I havent tried it yet but read about it a week ago
    11-05-2012 05:29 PM
    yeah i tried it but the USSD doesnt seem to work on global version or my carrier.
    theres apps that do same thing though

11-05-2012 06:10 PM
    Sorry for the lack of update....
    I took my original S3 to a corporate Sprint store near my house a few weeks ago and the Sprint associate basically told me I was nuts and blew me off. The next day I went to the corporate store that originally sold me the phone. I was the only person in the store as they had just opened for the day and the two associates working that day had helped me in the past and remembered me. I told them what the problem was and they both looked a the phone and could see what I was talking about. The associate compared my phone to his personal phone and noticed that the screen on my phone was significantly darker than his phone even though the settings were the same. I knew they were going to swap out the phone eventually but when we both noticed the difference in screen brightness, I said "THAT'S MY PROBLEM! THE PHONE IS TOO DARK!" We all had a good laugh and I walked out the door with my current, perfect S3 about 5 min later! Major props to James and Michael at the Sprint store in Lonetree! They have always taken very good care of me, my family and the 4 lines of service we have with Sprint!
    11-22-2012 01:45 PM
    Wow! So glad for ya mate
    11-22-2012 03:41 PM
26 12