Nova Launcher and Jellybean update issue

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey all -Just updated my Sprint SGIII to JB this morning. Went flawlessly. However, after the update and rebooting my phone twice, I found that some of my ADW Widgets no longer worked, in particular the Calendar and Agenda widgets I figured "no worries", I'll just remove them and add them back. That's where all my problems started. I cannot add widgets using Nova Prime at all. I thought maybe I had to add them the more traditional way (go through the apps drawer and use the widget tab, instead of the more traditional Nova way of longpressing screen and going to widgets from there). Well, neither way worked. When trying to add widgets, the screen locks, then goes back to the homescreen without even showing any widgets.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, what did you do to fix this. I'm thinking a Factory Reset might be in order, but i REALLY wanted to avoid this if possible.

In the meantime I'll see if Tesla has any idea of the issue and if he has a fix. I'll report back if I find out anything. Thanks for your help...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
went fine for me with nova mate.
have u tried the whole holding the powerbutton until it reboots?
yeah id try writing to Telsa, they good devs and should hopefully give u a workaround.
gud luck man :)

.....after u saying that, i just noticed the "widgets" tab doesnt work in my nova app drawer :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

F1refly

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, in addition to some random lock up issues when booting or reverting back to the launcher (for example; exiting from on app)

Any response from the developers?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Jellybean has rendered Nova Launcher useless, unless using an AOSP rom. I've since switched to Apex Launcher. Nova locks up the phone, I think it uses too much ram and causes flickering. At least thats how it is on my device. Verizon version. Makes me sad was my favorite launcher.

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Odd, I installed Nova Launcher just prior to the JB update, it still works flawlessly and fluidly after the update, however I have the GT-I9300.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Jellybean has rendered Nova Launcher useless, unless using an AOSP rom. I've since switched to Apex Launcher. Nova locks up the phone, I think it uses too much ram and causes flickering. At least thats how it is on my device. Verizon version. Makes me sad was my favorite launcher.

in what way useless lol?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
in what way useless lol?

When you try to add a widget, nova launcher force closes more times than not. And swiping through screens used to be a dream, but now glitchy. Ugh

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sounds like youre one of the unlucky ones who has to reset mate :(
have your quadrant scores dropped too?
take it your update was from a carrier n not samsung?
Nova is honestly flying for me..

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
When you try to add a widget, nova launcher force closes more times than not. And swiping through screens used to be a dream, but now glitchy. Ugh

Same here it happens once then the next time you do it it's fine. At least four me it is. So I just have to click widget, wait for the glitch, then click it again and it works right

I need to get prime. Anyone want to buy it for me? Lol :p

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here it happens once then the next time you do it it's fine. At least four me it is. So I just have to click widget, wait for the glitch, then click it again and it works right

I need to get prime. Anyone want to buy it for me? Lol :p

lol how much they charging now mate? i got it in the ?0.25 ($0.46 grr) sale :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
lol how much they charging now mate? i got it in the ?0.25 ($0.46 grr) sale :)

Only $4, my parents will look at me like I'm nuts if I tell them I need to buy an app lol.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
so worth it.. thats what ?3... how much did the phone cost lol n ur gona use this to control the thing :)

DaWeav

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Same here from when long pressing the screen in Nova to add a widget, but the workaround for me is to just use the app drawer tab to add widgets. Besides, in Jelly Bean the app drawer widget tab does a preview of most widgets too.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here from when long pressing the screen in Nova to add a widget, but the workaround for me is to just use the app drawer tab to add widgets. Besides, in Jelly Bean the app drawer widget tab does a preview of most widgets too.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

im opposite. my widget tab in app drawer doesnt work but screen long press works.
theres a screen lock btw incase someone doesnt know which prevents long press actions.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my widget tab works now.
handy if you have homescreen locked

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae