Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could you please give a little more info as to what you were doing with Kies when this happened? Along with which version of OS, etc. you were on so we can properly formulate a solution.

Thanks.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im a pc 'tard but id suggest reinstalling kies and rebooting pc?
good luck man :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had all sorts of problems with windows 7 and the gs3 connecting when using Kies. So much so that I've quit trying to use it and just install the drivers only. Another trick I've learned on the AT&T forum is to block windows from updating the drivers. My phone and computer would connect for a day or so and then would stop. I would have to remove and reinstall the drivers to get it to work again. Then a couple days later it would stop working again.

To keep windows from updating the drivers:

-Right click on my computer and choose properties.
-advanced system settings from left side of window.
-from the hardware tab click "device installation settings"
-select "no,... Never install driver software from windows update.

Remove kies and samsung drivers.

Then install drivers from here.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
take it you have to reverse that if you need to install some kind of driver for something else bro?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I assume a prediction of when the Rapture will take place.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

theres that humour ive grown to appreciate :beer:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
take it you have to reverse that if you need to install some kind of driver for something else bro?

No, Windows will now offer the driver updates. You will be able to choose which ones you want. I would suggest not updating the usb or samsung drivers unless you are having issues. And if it messes it up, at least you will know what update to uninstall.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon