Am I the only one who finds this somewhat ironic?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
When the S3 was the new kid on the block, people were criticizing it for going against Google's standards, with the removable battery, SD card, and physical home. Meanwhile, the One X obeyed, with the sealed battery, no microSD, and only physical buttons being the power button and volume rocker.

But in the end, the S3 got JB first, while us HOX users are just finally starting to get it. Am I the only one who finds this kind of ironic? :confused:

Sent from my HTC One X

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think this is because of popularity I hope I'm wrong but the s3 has sold 30 million units worldwide so it makes sense to update that one first

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Samsung right now is the big kid on the block. It's no surprise their phones are getting the latest updates first.

Sent from my "Droid" phone

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Its not a matter of Google saying "yeah Samsung you get it first" Once Google is ready for their partners to utilize the newest OS update they pass it onto their many partners.

At that point its the partners like Samsung and HTC to race to see who gets it out first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Its not a matter of Google saying "yeah Samsung you get it first" Once Google is ready for their partners to utilize the newest OS update they pass it onto their many partners.

Absolutely, after that it's down to how much resources the manufacturers apply to get the update to said phone.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it doesn't really matter. The HOX is still a great device even if it wasn't a perfect device for me personally. I had it for a good while. I think each company has its pros and cons. HTC still has had a good running with Android and I would consider their devices again if certain things had been changed.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The real irony is people complaining right now about the new Nexus device and it's storage....
"I thought google was getting away from removable storage" is met with "I want my extSD"
"No removable battery" gets "I want to add extended battery..."

This should be a good showing of the facts: Doesn't matter WHAT they do..they'll never satisfy people. Even Apple, with it's blessing from God, the Pope, and Chuck Norris for perfection is criticized because it's "too perfect"

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
an american who "gets" irony????
JK :p

seriously, as the dudes are sayin mate, everyone gets the code at the same time :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
When you buy an android, you buy the ability to customize most parts of your phone's software down to a T.

To me it maked no sense whatsoever to then want no control over the hardware:rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1