Is the Samsung 2 ok for android newbie?

cheekychappy

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello, have been checking out this phone on the Orange (uk) network and they have the Samsung 2 at reasonable terms and a free phone for 24 months contract, has this phone got all the basic stuff for a newbie or will I will wasting my money after getting used to it then wanting the Galaxy 111?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I would go for the samsung note 1 if I were you, because it is going to be updated to the latest version of android soon and will have largely the same features that the note 2 has

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

Designed for humans and not for isheep

cheekychappy

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I would go for the samsung note 1 if I were you, because it is going to be updated to the latest version of android soon and will have largely the same features that the note 2 has . Ok thanks for that, will go check it out.

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

Designed for humans and not for isheep

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
if you mean samsung galaxy s2, its still an excelent phone at a great price :)

in lamens terms, its the same as the s3 but smaller screen and less powerful.
all the apps will run on it and theres plenty accessories.
unless youre really into android, want a bigger screen or want "the latest and best" then the s2 is perfect for you. last year it was the flagship phone

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Last edited:

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
My wide enjoys hers, she doesn't need to have all the new bells and whistles and to say she has the latest device. Depends on the type of user you are. And Samsung has announced that it will get Jellybeen shortly anyways so...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how it is in the UK, but I remember reading complaints about phone reception on many previous Samsung phones. You may want to review the SII forums to see about the most common complaints. My only experience with one was as a test device for Android apps and I never made any calls on it - sorry.

What about the soon-to-be-released LG Nexus 4? That sounds like it'll be a great device, although I'm not sure what kind of pricing range you're trying to stay within.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ive never actualy used the s2 tbh.
that or the gnex was my choice of phones in June though until my mad fiance bought me the s3 lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
To add to and summarize the other responses, your original post is worded so many of us have questions about what phone you mean. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is an older phone that predates the Galaxy S3. There is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that just came out and has a 5.5 inch screen as well as a pressure-sensitive stylus, which is good for those who like to draw/sketch and also has some other uses.

Now, since the Galaxy S2 is an older device, there will be a question about how long it will receive updates compared to the S3 or Note 2. I know that many people don't care about having the latest and greatest devices, but if one of those "wow, now THAT is a great feature" situations comes along for a newer version of Android that an older phone never gets updated to, you might find some disappointment.

Then of course, you have the price issue. Here in the USA, very few people buy their phones off contract, so we pay $100-$200, or in the case of the Note 2, $300, keep it on the same cellular carrier for 1.5-2 years, and don't need to pay the full price for the phone. Things ARE different over there, where you can take your phones between carriers, so paying full price lets you take your phone with you, and you have options.