Battery usage questions when phone is asleep

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
80% of the time my phone is asleep. I want to minimize my battery usage during those periods. However, I want to get texts, notifications of e-mails (say every 15-30 minutes), and of course calls. I need to keep Bluetooth on, because I tend to jump into a car or put on my headset (then turn it on) and don't want to have to remember to turn it on in the phone also. Under this scenario what should I expect my battery drain should be on an hourly basis?

I see comments about shutting of LTE, how do I do this during sleep? I don't see a setting in juice defender for it. I need to keep WiFi enabled so I can get mail notifications. Finally, I have the wind 3d wallpaper. I know it uses up battery when the screen is on, what about when it's off?

In power saver, I can turn the CPU speed down, but I want it high when I am using the phone and only low when the phone is asleep. How do I do that, or is that automatic? Again, my biggest concern is minimizing battery usage during its "sleep" time

Thanks

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
This is all generally automatic. You start installing too much stuff like 'juice defender' and you may do more harm then good.

Install something like "battery monitor". it will keep a log of the actually battery current.

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
This is all generally automatic. You start installing too much stuff like 'juice defender' and you may do more harm then good.
Install something like "battery monitor". it will keep a log of the actually battery current.
I have already installed GSam battery monitor, which gives a lot of useful information, but not how to improve it. For example, last night I went to a location that I suspect did not have good LTE coverage, although I don't know for sure. What I do know is that the phone, sitting in my pocket untouched for two hours got very hot (bottom third of the phone). Nothing at that point should have been running. Then still untouched, when I left that location, it cooled off within a few minutes and stayed that way the rest of the evening until I plugged it back in. Based on the heat something must have been running and chewing up battery. The monitor only showed cell standby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance