Ok I have the sgs3 and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to save an sms message or send it to an email or something. I'm sure I could just do a screen capture and send it but I really would like something a little more professional looking. If there is no option, is there an app that I can download to do this? Ive searched and didn't come up with anything. any help would be great.
    11-07-2012 12:56 PM
    Google voice allows for SMS messages to be forwarded through to your gMail account. That's the only one I know of for sure as I use GV for all of my communication. You may also check applications that are made for backing up SMS/MMS messages, they may have an option for that as well.
    11-07-2012 01:00 PM
    You can send text messages to email addresses, just put the email address in for the recipient instead of a phone number.
    11-07-2012 01:03 PM
    I am trying that out now, I am hoping it sends the message with the number it came from and time it was sent rather than just the time I had forwarded it to my email. I would think there should be an app for this. It would come in handy for many I would think. I get threatening texts from my daughters mom all the time tell me that I cant see my daughter cause of this and cause of that. but without a way to save the messages I dont have any real way to keep them in order and at a place that I can directly go to find them.
    11-07-2012 02:15 PM
    I am trying that out now, I am hoping it sends the message with the number it came from and time it was sent rather than just the time I had forwarded it to my email. I would think there should be an app for this. It would come in handy for many I would think. I get threatening texts from my daughters mom all the time tell me that I cant see my daughter cause of this and cause of that. but without a way to save the messages I dont have any real way to keep them in order and at a place that I can directly go to find them.
    Get an SMS backup program so that way you at least have some kind of record of the conversations.

Best of luck with your situation.

Sent from my Samsung Proclaim using the AC forums app.
    11-07-2012 02:18 PM
    thanks. do you suggest any certain sms backup?
    11-07-2012 03:11 PM
    thanks. do you suggest any certain sms backup?
    You could take a look at PopMyPhone https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ssagesphere.ui

It will forward Texts to email, and also information about calls missed, made etc. You will see the phone number.
    12-07-2012 05:32 AM