My phone won't connect to wifi... [IMPORTANT]

Perseveranze

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I got a really bad problem. My Samsung GS3 won't connect to my Uni's wifi. It connects to every other wifi, except my Uni's. This is a problem because I'm on low Mobile Data allowance, and that's because I didn't know my phone wouldn't be able to connect to my Uni's wifi...

And it's something wrong with mine (which is specifically a 4g/lte), since my friend has a Samsung GS3, and that connects fine.

Anyways, I think it has something to do with the 802.1x EAP wifi's... when I try to connect, it just keeps saying connecting and sometimes ends up "Authorization error".

Here's some screenshots;

GD7G1.png

7lNKM.png

iIIg1.png

Would appreciate any possible solutions to try.

Thanks.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Is the identity that you are putting in correct? Some places require that it is preceded by a domain name, if applicable. For example it would be domain\username (i.e. abc\user123) Verify that all settings are correct before connecting. Not much else could be wrong with it beside input/settings errors.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
can you try telling it to "forget" the wifi network and then set it up from scratch?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When I was at school, I would have to log in with my School ID and password on the computer first to activate the network before I could use the internet...check your schools internet policies to see if there is something extra you need to do