have we lost driving mode in jellybean?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i noticed the pull-down toggle for driving mode has been replaced by "blocking mode".
i cant even find driving mode in settings, can anyone direct me?
ta

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I found this: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-doesnt-work-since-jellybean.html#post5110302
Apparently it's turned off in the kernel. You can get it back with a custom kernel, but of course that requires root, and a willingness to change a core part of the OS.

thats pretty crazy lol. i dont drive but thats a prety essential feature... theres 3rd party apps and the "blocking" feature is excelent but why replace driving mode with it??
crazyness....

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just wish my carrier, AT&T, in the US, would release JB so I could provide feedback.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Glasgow mate :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Android Central Forums

lmao aye a seen that in yer profile brer where bouts?
hink theres 3 of us here now :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
got u mate. a grew up in neilston at the end of that railwayline at the college.
stay in paisley now.
its refreshin meetin sumdy fae glesga thats a android geek on a US site lol :)

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Because the S3 is all about nature and being inspired by nature. So they don't support driving cars that harm the environment and nature.
First guess in my head at 7 in the morning.... :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Because the S3 is all about nature and being inspired by nature. So they don't support driving cars that harm the environment and nature.
First guess in my head at 7 in the morning.... :)

lol they just support us crashing them :p

Profidd

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
guys...driving mode isn't lost, it was moved and hidden deep in settings,,,
go to settings> language input> txt to speech> drive mode.....there it is in default "off" mode...just turn on.,,;))

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That's the # 1 thing I like about this great Android Central Forum. Whilst briefly scanning & reading you can learn something new everyday! :cool:

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
go to settings> language input> txt to speech> drive mode.....there it is in default "off" mode...just turn on.,,;))

i think you can turn it on with S Voice as well

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

excelent. all we need is a widget :)
well done man :)

ihatepineapple

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I was checking out the ibolt car dock yesterday on amazon and someone has put that the item is as much use as tits on a fish (my phrasing because his was hideous) because driving mode is no longer there. I almost feel like going on and correcting his statement for the good of mankind in general. In all fairness, one guy has gone on and half corrected it.

However recently I have found at work that no matter how much you try to correct stupid, another will come along. The war on stupid is over for me, I shall be coming on this forum regularly to improve my understanding (I know i dont know it all!) and helping out with people who come out with statements like.. "hey, this has stopped working any idea why?" (person with the widget problem in JB with nova, I tested it on my phone and I can create them) but the people who say... "omg they removed this and its now totally broken with no eta for fix".. basically baseless statements with no ground in fact can wallow in their self pity and go find another phone / forum etc...

I wish the people with patience of saints well in the war against stupid.

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That's NOT the solution -- at least, according to folks who have upgraded to JB and discovered that their car docks no longer work.

All that does is convert text to speech -- and in my S3, which I use with a iBolt car dock, I have that disabled. So, it has nothing to do with the phone working in a car dock -- which is what folks have been complaining about.