Problems with Galaxy S3 using an Ibolt car dock and Car Home Untra

Neal Edwards

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having to different problems I am hoping someone can help with. I have a Galaxy S3 using an Ibolt car dock with Car Home Untra and am having the following problems.
1. The phone call audio will not play through the speakers. I do have an aux jack that has worked with other car docks in the past. Music will play through the car speakers fine.

2. When I leave the phone in the charger during the day, obviously with the car off, the battery drains to 0%. In other words, either car home ultra or the ibolt charger is discharging my battery.

Any help will be much appreciated.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure I have the same problem with phone calls not playing through the speaker with the Infuse4G dock and Car Home Ultra. I honestly haven't used it though for awhile since I always have on my bluetooth headset in the car so rarely use the speaker phone. I can try it out later I suppose.

No suggestion on the battery drain issue since I wouldn't leave my phone in the car all day. But it's easy enough to determine if it's Car Home Ultra by pressing Menu->Exit to close Car Home Ultra. If it still drains, then it must be the dock.

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I take it you're NOT using Bluetooth, right?

I ran into the same problems and was told, on another forum, that his is a hardware limitation of the Samsung phone.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having to different problems I am hoping someone can help with. I have a Galaxy S3 using an Ibolt car dock with Car Home Untra and am having the following problems.
1. The phone call audio will not play through the speakers. I do have an aux jack that has worked with other car docks in the past. Music will play through the car speakers fine.

2. When I leave the phone in the charger during the day, obviously with the car off, the battery drains to 0%. In other words, either car home ultra or the ibolt charger is discharging my battery.

Any help will be much appreciated.

1.There is a setting under accessory settings that says "play sound through external speakers" or something similar. you have to check that.
2. some cars dont supply power to the accessory port (cig lighter) when the car is turned off.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
1. iBolt does not route phone calls through your car speakers. This is a Samsung thing, not an iBolt problem.

2. I'm guessing icnmayhem is right on the money as to your power problems. Easy enough to check by putting your phone in the dock with your key off then watching the charge indicator as you turn your key on or start your car.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I will also verify that the in-call audio does NOT go through the dock, no matter which dock you use. This is a Samsung limitation that bugs me. You can, however, use a bluetooth headset or speaker to pair with and route calls through that. You can pair it so that it only receives the in-call audio and the A2DP audio still goes out through the dock to your vehicle speakers.

Speaking to the battery drain, keep in mind that CarDockUltra does ping location services, so it is probably using a good amount of juice. Like others have pointed out, if your vehicle doesnt provide power to that outlet, you are not charging your device. You can tell when the iBolt dock is on as it will have a blue light. If you dont see this when your vehicle is off, then you are not receiving power.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
As for the charging issue, I assumed he had left the phone screen off and everything, but just in the dock. If so, then you're probably right on Car Home Ultra draining it (as djjr50 points out, it's going to keep pinging for location constantly, because it uses that for the speedometer and direction/compass calculations).

If you're going to leave your car in the dock for some reason while you're not in the car and it's not running, exit Car Home Ultra and then it will probably be fine and won't drain your battery.

pine

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello, if you are using CarHome Ultra without a power connection. I would suggest that you install the Sleep Mode app here: Sleep Mode (beta) | TheSpinningHead

It will put your phone into a low power consumption sleep mode while leaving the screen active. This way you can wake the device by tapping any where on the screen.

After you have that installed, just set a CHU shortcut link to launch it.