Does anyone have suggestions for a bedside alarm clock that could also serve as a charging dock for my S3?
    11-08-2012 07:19 PM
    philips makes 2 clock docks for android phones, i have both of them. they charge the phone and play music automatically over bluetooth. the as111 looks better, but the as140 sounds better. the app they come with sucks, but once you use it to pair to the dock you can delete it without any problems. i got mine from target, but im sure they sell them elsewhere too.
    Wnrgway and winmod21 like this.
    11-09-2012 01:15 PM
    Dock Clock
    PhoebeAnn likes this.
    11-09-2012 01:36 PM
    Thanks. I had been considering the phillips AS111. If it takes up less space than the 140, then I'd take it over better speakers.

I've heard the dock connection is a bit flimsy. What do you think?

Just for fun, I'll try out Dock Clock as well, though I don't yet have a dock. I just don't like having an extra cord dangling over my nightstand. So much easier to drop the phone into a dock at night. The AS111 is only $40 at walmart.com, so it's not much more than getting a regular dock.
    11-09-2012 06:24 PM
    I like Dock Clock a lot. Controls for brightness allow you to make it a very friendly bedside companion. The built-in app was never very dim, and when I upgraded to ICS, it was totally unusable. Unrelated to software, I've got a basic dock that came with a free Costco bundle, and "dropping the phone into the dock" is a major operation, impossible to do in the dark.Everything has to be aligned perfectly, and the dock itself provides very poor guidance. YMMV - I've got a Bionic.
    11-10-2012 09:28 AM
    Another very happy Dock Clock user here. Save your money and buy a cheap case with a kickstand. Dock Clock is very customizable from the color, font, size, brightness of the clock to settings that only enable it at certain times of the day or night.
    11-11-2012 01:31 PM
    Well, I tried the Philips AS111 clock and the dock is pretty poor. The charging port, which is flixible and moves from side to side to accomidate all phones is nice in theory, but in practice it means it just flops all around. You have to work hard to get the phone on it and once on it doesn't sit well against the stand. I can't get a good connection with my relatively thin tpm case on the phone either.

It's too bad. The speakers are nice. The bluetooth connectivity works well. It's small so it doesn't take up a lot of room. But, with the dock being so poor, I had to return it. I'm going back to a charging cable for now.

The iPhone has all sorts of great accessories. It's too bad we can't get something nicer for our phones.
    winmod21 likes this.
    11-18-2012 05:05 PM
    This is something I haven't looked into yet. Our USA [Costco & Sam's Clubs & Best Buy] big-box type stores have many iPhone stereo/clock/alarm docks in their electronics isles. But I've never actually seen any for android. Are they that few and far between?
    11-18-2012 05:15 PM
    Completely misread post but download Digital Clock by Notes, stick one of these on back of phone

And plug charger in
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    11-19-2012 01:20 AM
    Thanks!

Also useful for tiny toiletes.
    11-19-2012 08:04 AM
    Thanks!

Also useful for tiny toiletes.
    Precisely

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    11-19-2012 10:14 AM