I have searched everywhere for a solution for this but have found nothing unless your phone is rooted, which it isnt and i have no intention of doing so.
    There must be a program that backs up all your app data incase you need to reset your phone like iPhone uses itunes
    can someone please help me...
    11-11-2012 12:37 AM
    Even if you could back them up, you wouldn't be able to restore without root

I believe my backup allows you to backup without root, but but you can't restore, so there's no point

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

Designed for humans and not for isheep
    11-11-2012 12:48 AM
    yeah. u can back up/restore apps but not the app settings/data without root

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-11-2012 01:36 AM
    before I had a S3 i had iPhones, which I always Jailbroke because it was so easy to just restore if anything went wrong, but the whole root thing seems so much more dodgy and harder, is this true or am I mistaken? can you easily just restore to factory settings or not?
    11-11-2012 04:17 AM
    root is simple and i dont wana say 100% safe but id say 99.9% and its reversible if u have to use the warranty mate

just make sure u dont confuse rooting with flashing a rom mate. a lot of people new to android seem to think theyre same thing :thumbup:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-11-2012 04:36 AM
    Check out an app called appsyncer

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

Designed for humans and not for isheep
    11-12-2012 02:08 PM
    Unfortunately https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...osea.appsyncer only handles the applications, not their data.
    The only solutions I've seen that allow you to backup/restore your app data require root access. Silly design but that's just the way Android is.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-12-2012 04:31 PM
    i bought mybackup pro ages ago so ill prob use that when i finaly fix this old laptop im workin on n root the phone.
    do you have to back up to Ext Sd? i.e, is everything other than firmware and bloat removed from internal by factory resetting including backup files?
    do i have to then move the backup file back to internal sd to do the restore?

11-13-2012 04:32 AM
    Unfortunately https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...osea.appsyncer only handles the applications, not their data.
    The only solutions I've seen that allow you to backup/restore your app data require root access. Silly design but that's just the way Android is.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I was just going to post this, I flashed a different rom last night and tried it and was sooo disappointed, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    11-13-2012 09:58 AM
    i bought mybackup pro ages ago so ill prob use that when i finaly fix this old laptop im workin on n root the phone.
    do you have to back up to Ext Sd? i.e, is everything other than firmware and bloat removed from internal by factory resetting including backup files?

I believe the pro version gives you online backups

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    11-13-2012 09:59 AM
    it doesnt even have enough cloud storage for my apps mate let alone their data

11-13-2012 10:21 AM
    woo just got alert. cm10 is now stable havent read if it is for s3 yet though....
    EDIT nah think its just final for s2 and another few older phones

11-13-2012 10:23 AM
    You can specify where you want the backups to be saved - the default is on /mnt/sdcard, but of course on this phone that's actually the internal storage. I don't know if that gets touched during a factory reset, but to be on the safe side you should change the default storage location to /mnt/extSdCard (your actual SDCard).

Regarding their online storage - yeah, it's so small as to be worthless. It's too bad that they don't let you specify a service like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. that you can use for online storage. (<= That's such a good idea that I'm going to email them that feature request - if you're a paid user please do the same.)

funkylogik likes this.
    11-14-2012 12:36 PM
    You can specify where you want the backups to be saved - the default is on /mnt/sdcard, but of course on this phone that's actually the internal storage. I don't know if that gets touched during a factory reset, but to be on the safe side you should change the default storage location to /mnt/extSdCard (your actual SDCard).

Regarding their online storage - yeah, it's so small as to be worthless. It's too bad that they don't let you specify a service like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. that you can use for online storage. (<= That's such a good idea that I'm going to email them that feature request - if you're a paid user please do the same.)

i was thinkin exact same thing mate n i will mail the dev' :thumbup:

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    John Sun likes this.
    11-14-2012 01:40 PM